Chapter 18

The food arrived at our table, and we ordered a variety of small dishes to share, along with two cocktails. We enjoyed the flavors while having lively conversations. Willa expressed her excitement for tomorrow, as her favorite team had a chance to win a major trophy. As the night got late, we decided it was time to go back home. Our plan for tomorrow was to relax by the pool in the afternoon and then get ready for the game. Mason had arranged for the driver to take us to the stadium.

After walking up the hill to the house, we finally arrived. It was late, and we were both ready to go to bed. I went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water for my room and Then, I proceeded to the bathroom to take care of the essentials before making my way back to my room to rest. As I laid my head on the pillow, thoughts of tomorrow filled my mind. I wished Mason the best for the game, knowing how much it meant to him. Despite feeling excited, it took me a little while to fall asleep. But eventually, my eyes closed, and I drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

The next morning, I woke up before Willa, which gave me the opportunity to prepare a delicious breakfast for both of us. As I began cooking, I decided to FaceTime Mase to keep me company. Retrieving my phone, I pressed my finger on his name, and he answered immediately, appearing on the screen.

Facetime call between Mason and Palma

"Hey Mase, how are you doing?" I greeted him with a smile.

"I'm excited, but I wanted to talk to you," he replied.

"About anything in particular or just a chat?" I inquired.

"I miss you, and I'm really nervous for later," he confessed.

"Don't worry, we'll see each other soon! I can't wait to hug you," I reassured him, feeling a surge of happiness.

"You're right. So, what are you up to?" he asked, sounding more at ease now.

"I'm making breakfast for Willa and me since I woke up a bit early today," I explained, a smile on my face.

"I wish I could have some of that. I love your breakfasts," he said, smirking.

"You're so silly," I chuckled, amused by his remark.

"So, what are you making?" he asked, genuinely curious.

"Just preparing some salmon and avocado toast, with mango, strawberries, and kiwi on the side," I replied as I continued to cut the fruits.

"Damn, that sounds delicious. I'm stuck with oats this morning," he said, lacking enthusiasm, making me laugh.

"Mase, about the game... Just remember to enjoy it. Even if things don't go as planned, embrace the moment. Enjoyment often leads to good outcomes. And if you stress about the game while playing, it's harder to truly enjoy it," I offered, smiling.

He smiled back, gratitude evident in his expression. "Thanks, love. Your support means the world to me," he said, blowing a kiss.

"I'm done cooking, so I think I'll go wake up Willa. See you later," I said.

"Yes, see you. Can't wait to see you!" he exclaimed before hanging up the phone.

I finished the call and proceeded to wake up Willa. Before entering her room, I ensured that everything was ready on the table. After gently rousing her, she sleepily followed me to the patio outside, where we settled down and began enjoying our breakfast. The aroma of freshly cooked salmon and the colors of the fruits on the side made for a delightful morning feast. We savored each bite, sipping on our preferred beverages and engaging in lighthearted conversation as the sun gradually bathed us in its warm glow.

After we finished eating, we changed into our bathing suits and spent the morning relaxing by the pool until 3 pm. We lay on our sun loungers, enjoying the warm sun and getting a light tan. When it was time to go inside, we noticed our skin had a subtle tan line, a sign of our leisurely day. As the evening game approached, we began to prepare ourselves. We gathered in the roomy bathroom on the first floor, where there was enough space for both of us to use the mirror and get ready. I connected my phone to the speaker and played our favorite songs, filling the room with lively music. I started by putting rollers in my hair to give it volume and create loose curls. While the curls set, I applied blush, mascara, and carefully contoured my face. After an hour, we both finished styling our hair and applying our makeup. Now it was time to choose our outfits for the game. I decided to wear my Chelsea shirt, paired with grey shorts, black boots, and a stylish light brown blazer to complete the look.

As we finished getting ready, it was time to make our way to the stadium. Our driver was patiently waiting for us in the driveway, so we headed outside and settled into the comfortable back seats of the car.

"Willa, would it be alright if we made a quick stop to say hello to Mase's family? They're seated in his box," I suggested.

"Of course! This feels so surreal to me!" she exclaimed with excitement.

"I have an ID that will allow us to enter through the back door, and then we can head to the box and find our seats in the stadium," I explained to her.

"Love the plan," she replied.

"Mase mentioned that we'll be sitting close to the bench, around row 10, I believe," I informed her.

"Perfect! Pinch me, I can't believe this is happening. I feel like I'm dreaming," she said, brimming with happiness.

I chuckled at her remark, and the rest of the drive remained quiet. When we reached the back door, Willa and I stepped out of the car and approached the guard standing by the entrance. I presented my ID, and he opened the door, allowing us inside. Taking the lead, I guided Willa toward the box. As I opened the door, I was greeted by Mase's entire family.

"Hey, darling, good to see you again," Debbie said, embracing me warmly.

"Hey, you too. I want you all to meet my friend Willa," I replied with a smile. I proceeded to introduce Willa to Lewis, Tony, and Jaz, and they exchanged greetings as well.

"I just wanted to say hi, but Mase arranged some good seats for Willa and me in the stadium," I informed them.

"Lovely, but we'll see you after the game anyway," Debbie replied.

"Let's hope for good results today," Tony added.

"To be honest, I think they can win," I expressed my optimism to Tony.

"I hope so. I'm not sure if Mase will play his best football, but I'm hopeful," Tony said. Before I could respond, Chilly entered through the door and asked if I would accompany him. Without hesitation, I agreed. Leaving Willa in the box, I followed Chilly.