Chapter 9

As we were both hungover and tired, we decided to spend the afternoon in each other's company, enjoying the comfort of one another's presence.

"Palms I have a game tomorrow and I would love for you to come and watch me, you'll sit in my box and my brother, sister, and dad might join, if it's okay with you?" he asked me, making me feel very honored.

"I would love that, and of course, your family has to come and watch you," I told him with a big smile.

"I'll show you around, and you can meet the lads in the changing room." He said with excitement in his voice.

"Mase remember I already have been through the back door, so I might be familiar with the tour you're planning on giving me, but I would like to meet the boys," I spoke.

"Trust me, you did not even see 10% of the stadium last time." He said trying to prove me wrong.

"Well either way I'm excited about it," I said locking eyes with him.

"I have to be at the stadium quite earlier, but I could get Lewis or Jaz to come to get ya?"

"That would be great since my car is at home," I told him.

"No problem, I'll tell one of them to pick you up." He said, squishing me.

"Thanks, and Mase if I wanna take a shower now where can I do that?" I asked as I wanted to clean myself after last night.

"Just follow me," he said and stood up. He followed me up to the first floor and into his ensuite bathroom. Inside the bathroom, he grabbed two towels, one for my hair and another for my body, and proceeded to turn on the water for me. After ensuring everything was set, he left the bathroom, gently closing the door behind him.

I undressed and stepped into the shower, feeling the water flow over my body, soaking my hair completely. I used his shampoo and conditioner, washed my hair carefully, and then applied some shower gel to cleanse my skin. After about 10 minutes, I stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body and another around my wet hair. I searched through his drawers, hoping to find some body lotion, and luckily, I found it. I generously applied the lotion all over my body, enjoying its moisturizing effects.

"Mase" I shouted from inside the bathroom, hoping he would hear me call.

"What, anything you need?" he called back on his way up the stairs.

"Can I borrow a pair of boxers and a clean T-shirt?" I asked.

"Yes, I have placed it outside the door." He said walking downstairs again. As I heard him leave, I opened the door and grabbed the clothes, quickly dressing myself again. I left the bathroom and walked through his bedroom and downstairs to him again.

"Perfect timing, dinner is ready," he said as I walked in his direction.

"It is like you knew I was starving," I said with a smile.

"My secret talent," he said, as he spooned the pasta bolognese onto both of our plates.

"This is my pregame dinner, I have eaten it before evert game since my first hat trick in my academy years," he said laughing.

"You're so superstitious, it's so cute," I said adoring him. We walked together over to the dining table and took our seats, ready to eat the very tasty meal in front of us.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" he asked.

"Yes, a bit nervous to meet your family, but I think it'll turn out good," I said.

"Don't worry, they'll love you, and by the way, I spoke to Lewis, and he'll come and pick you up at 1 pm and then you'll meet with my dad and Jaz at the stadium" he said informing me.

"That's perfect, but Mase why ain't your mom coming?" I asked wondering.

"Oh, nothing important, she just has some work to do," he said smiling.

He paused for a moment "So, are you staying the night again?" he asked with a goofy smile.

"Yes, I dare not do anything else, otherwise I might not hear from you for a couple of weeks," I said giggling.

"Lets not bring that up, I swear you'll never forget it." He spoke. We finished eating, and he took my plate to the kitchen as the gentleman he is. I joined him, starting to clean up and placing things in the dishwasher, while we effectively worked together to tidy up the kitchen. As we finished, I realized I forgot my phone in the ensuite bathroom and went up the stairs to get it. As I found it in the bathroom, I walked out to see Mase lying on the bed.

"What are you doing up here Mase?" I spoke.

"I could ask you the same, I mean it is my bedroom?" He asked with a smirk.

"Just forgot my phone in the bathroom," I said as I snuggled up to him, seeking comfort in his hug. He hugged me back tightly as we lay there for a few precious moments, both needing reassurance. I looked up at him with love, and he met my gaze, locking eyes with me. I shifted my gaze from his eyes to his lips, showing my desire, and he understood.

"Can I?" he asked making sure I was comfortable with the situation. Without a word, I leaned in and our lips met, instantly filling my stomach with a flutter of butterflies. After our precious moment, we headed to the bathroom to brush our teeth. Mase came up with a playful idea for us to brush each other's teeth, which turned into a delightful mess. I decided to stay in his boxers and t-shirt, and we settled into bed, getting cozy. I snuggled up to him, resting my face on his chest, and drifted off to sleep. Before I dozed off, he kissed my forehead, and we both fell into a peaceful slumber.