Chapter 25

I went to the bathroom to freshen up my eyes after crying moments ago. When I came downstairs, I was pleasantly surprised to find dinner already prepared. We all helped with carrying the dishes outside to our outdoor dining table in the garden. My dad had grilled some chicken, veggies and bread, while my mom had prepared a salad with tomatoes, fruits, spinach, and burrata. We settled down and started enjoying the meal. My parents asked me about life in London, and I chose to steer the conversation away from Mase, simply sharing how much I was enjoying my time there. They were aware that I had been talking to a guy, but I had chosen not to share any specific details with them. As a result, the complicated stage Mase and me are in meant that I didn't have to explain anything to my parents. This provided a sense of relief, as I could enjoy dinner with them without the added pressure of discussing my personal life. After speaking about my experiences, we shifted our focus to the upcoming grand prix. My dad always receives invitations to be backstage with the drivers, and it has become a tradition for my brother and me to join him. However, tomorrow my mom and dad had other commitments, so my brother got the opportunity to invite two of his friends to join us.

We finished our meal and proceeded to enjoy a movie night together, relishing the opportunity to spend quality time as a family after my absence for six months. The movie provided a pleasant and relaxing way to unwind. As the evening grew late, we went to our own bedrooms, awaiting the exciting events that awaited us the following day.

The following day arrived, and my brother and I prepared ourselves for the highly anticipated grand prix, aiming to be there by 12 pm. Our parents had thoughtfully left us breakfast to enjoy before our adventure. The grand prix circuit was conveniently located just a short 5-minute walk from our house. As we arrived at the event, we met up with Leo's two friends, before we were warmly greeted by one of the race organizers, who graciously directed us towards Ferrari, the team that had extended the invitation to us. We strolled around the Ferrari area at the grand prix, relishing in lighthearted laughter and engaging conversations. With just one hour remaining until the race began, the atmosphere grew even more electric, and we eagerly awaited the moment when the cars would zoom across the track.

I hurriedly made my way to the restroom, feeling the need to freshen up. After completing my task, I stepped out and scanned the area, searching for the guys. Lost in thought, I suddenly heard a familiar voice calling my name from behind. Turning around, I locked eyes with the one person I urged to see yet knew I shouldn't be with. I looked up at him without uttering a word, my emotions swirling inside me. Mase seemed nervous.

"What are you doing here, Mase?" I asked, my tone firm.

"I thought you knew I was coming," he replied, sounding unsure.

"With thousands of people around, we shouldn't be running into each other," I said, frustration evident in my voice.

"You may not have wanted to, but can I borrow a few minutes of your time?" he asked, his tone pleading.

"I'll give you five minutes. My brother and his friends are waiting for me," I said, taking charge of the situation. "Let's sit over there."

As we settled down, he asked, "How are you?"

"Completely broken into small pieces," I said shortly, not hiding anything. "How about you?"

"I couldn't have expressed it better myself," he admitted.

"How can you be broken when I haven't done anything?" I retorted, feeling a surge of anger.

"Knowing that the girl of my dreams is in pain tears me apart. I feel so empty without you, the one I love who no longer wants any contact with me," he confessed, his voice filled with sorrow.

"I want to believe you, but the trust is shattered," I admitted, my voice tinged with emotions.

"I understand your doubts, but let me show you something," he said, showing me a two years old article having the same attached photo of Mase kissing someone. It made me realize everything he had said about how it was an old photo, might be the truth.

"I feel like the worst person for not believing you. It's hard for me to tell the truth, and I fear looking foolish to everybody," I said, my emotions welling up.

"Don't ever say that about yourself. You're an incredible person. I understand why you believed the news, but I want to make it clear that I would never betray your trust at this stage of our relationship," he reassured me, pulling me into a comforting embrace.

"I can't let go of you because I love you," I confessed, finally revealing the depth of my feelings.

"I love you," he responded with a radiant smile. "Can I kiss you?" he asked, his eyes filled with anticipation.

"I've been waiting for you to ask," I replied, my heart racing. Mase leaned in, connecting our lips and sending a surge of butterflies through my body. It was as if time stood still, and I relished the sensation of his familiar touch.

"I've missed you so much," he whispered against my lips, kissing me again.

"I've cried countless tears in these past few days," I confessed, my voice tinged with sadness.

"I've been with Jaz and Chilly the whole time, just crying and unsure if I would ever see you again," he revealed, his vulnerability shining through.

"Does your family hate me now?" I asked, my voice laced with worry.

"No, I swear. At first, my mom was furious because she believed the rumors. But once I explained everything, she was just praying that we would work things out. She even expressed her desire to reach out to you herself," he explained, his words soothing my concerns.

"I love your mom; she's amazing," I said, snuggling closer to Mase. "By the way, where are you staying?"

"I'm staying on a yacht and using jet skis to travel back and forth from the coast," he explained.

"Just like all the other footballers," I teased. "I'm still waiting for my invitation," I added playfully.

"Love, you don't need an invitation. Of course, I want you there," he assured me, his affectionate gaze warming my heart.

"Oh, Mase, the race. I completely forgot," I exclaimed, realizing the passing of time.

"Me too, but I wouldn't trade the time we just had together for anything," he said, tenderly kissing my forehead.

"Well, let's just watch the end," I suggested, taking his hand as we made our way toward the track.

As we reached the track, we grabbed drinks and secured a front-row view. We stood there, Mase with his arm around my waist, engrossed in the thrilling conclusion of the race. This afternoon would undoubtedly be etched into our memory books. After the race ended, I called Leo to meet with him and bid him farewell. Following his instructions over the phone, Mase and I walked in the direction of Leo until we found him.

"Hey, Leo, meet Mase," I introduced them.

"Hey, don't hurt my sister," Leo warned, his protective nature shining through.

"Leo, behave. Mase hasn't done anything wrong. It was all a misunderstanding. I'll explain it to you another time," I assured him.

"No worries, sis. You seem like a good guy, to be fair," Leo said, giving his approval to Mase.

"You too, bro," Mase replied, bonding with my brother.

"Can you reveal anything about the possible transfer...?" Leo probed, referring to football.

"Nice try, mate, but I'm not allowed to, I'm sorry," Mase responded laughter lacing his words.

"What transfer?" I asked, bewildered. "Are you moving, Mase?"

"I'll explain it to you later, love," Mase said, directing his words to me.

"Okay, well, Leo, I was just here to tell you that I'll be staying at Mase's," I informed my brother.

"Okay, what am I supposed to tell Mom and Dad?" Leo asked, seeking guidance.

"Just tell them I'll be staying with the guy from London. They'll know who.