Chapter 12

As I walked in again, I took a seat by Jaz.

"So, what did you guys do?" Mase's mom asked me.

"He wanted me to meet the team, so he took me down to the changing room," I said smiling.

"Oh lovely, I love how you guys get along," she said, showing how happy she was, and I smiled back.

"Is this just a regular, what do you call it? Premier league game?" I asked Tony Mase's dad.

"No dear, this is the semifinal in the champions league, very important for Chelsea to win" he explained to me.

"Oh, I see, very important," I said smiling. We could see the players walking out onto the pitch, and as they stood there, the Champions League anthem playing, I caught Mase's gaze, and he gave me a playful wink. As the game started, Jaz and I engaged in a casual conversation, enjoying a girls' talk. She shared with me how Mase had been feeling a bit anxious and even reached out to his older sister, seeking advice on whether it was too forward to bring me to his home when him and I didn't discuss it. I found it quite amusing to hear it from her, as I wasn't aware that he had freaked out to that extent. I mean, I knew he was apologizing for bringing me to his home without asking, but I wasn't familiar with the details of his call with Jaz and how he had contemplated the rightness or wrongness of his actions. As we were engrossed in our conversation, our attention was abruptly drawn to the jubilant screams coming from Mase's family. Tony and Lewis leaped up from their seats and joyfully sprinted around the confines of the box.

"OLE OLE OLE OLE! MASON MOUNT, MOUNT MOUNT! MASON MOUNT, MOUNT MOUNT!" both Tony and Lewis were chanting.

"Did he score??" I asked confused, still sitting by Jaz.

"YES" Lewis screamed with joy, and I stood up to join him by the railing. I looked out onto the field and spotted Mase amidst his celebration. He completed his celebration by pointing at me and forming a heart shape with his hands. The sight filled me with a rush of butterflies and a comforting warmth that spread throughout my body. The game continued its intense pace, and I positioned myself alongside Lewis at the railing, ensuring that I wouldn't miss a single moment anymore. Chelsea was awarded a corner kick, and Mase confidently stepped onto the pitch, preparing himself to take the kick. With precision, he delivered the ball into the box, and Timo Werner skillfully headed it into the back of the net. I could see Mase raise his arms and shout with happiness. There were only 5 minutes left of the game, and Chelsea was leading 2-0. And then, I heard the final whistle blow, signaling Chelsea's victory and their place in the Champions League final. The sound of chants and screams filled the stadium as fans celebrated the team's achievement. The Chelsea players rushed toward one of the corners, joining in the jubilant cheers with the fans. The atmosphere was electric with joy and excitement.

I kept my gaze fixed on the players as they made their way toward the tunnel, situated next to the bench. Mase stop up, standing by the railing on the pitch side, he used his hand to signal for me to come down to him. Uncertain of how to reach the pitch from the box, Lewis also noticed Mase's signal.

"Palma, you can just walk down to the pitch over there" he pointed.

"Oh okay, am I allowed to go down there?" I asked, a bit nervous.

"Of course, and it seems like Mase is a little impatient," Lewis told me, slightly laughing.

"Okay, I'll see you guys later," I said exiting the box and headed towards the stands. Making my way down each flight of stairs, I steadily approached the railing where Mase was standing.

"Hey, congrats! I'm so proud of you," I said hugging him.

"Thanks, I might be a little sweaty," he said laughing.

"I don't care, loved your celebration," I replied, unable to restrain myself, and pressed my lips against his, giving in to the overwhelming desire.

"It was customized for you," he said smiling.

"Jump over and we'll go out through the tunnel," he said to me.

"Mase I can't jump over this," I said with a sceptic face. He extended his hand to assist me and lifted me slightly, allowing my feet to touch the ground again. We started walking in the direction of the tunnel.

"When were you gonna tell me it was a semifinal?" I asked sending him with a disappointed look as a joke.

"Oh, I'm sorry, well I'm in the finals now," he said hugging me from the side.

"I know that, I'm so excited for you," I said, with sparkles in my eyes. Upon reaching the changing room, Mason swiftly entered to grab his belongings quickly, mentioning that he would take a shower once we returned to his house. Outside the stadium, his family awaited us, and we said our goodbyes.

"You two, are perfect for each other," Mase's mom said while hugging us both, and I smiled back.

"Yes, you guys are cute" Mase's sister added. We left everybody and reached Mason's car, climbing inside and feeling the engine roar to life. With the car now on the road, we embarked on our journey back home.

"Hey Palms, I would love for you to come to my champions league final," he said smiling.

"Well, Mase, lucky you I would love to be there," I said smiling back.

"When and where is it?" I asked.

"It's in Porto, and I think we play on May 29th, so I'll have to go there a few days before." He explained to me.

"Wait it's in Portugal?" I asked so confused.

"Yes, can't you make it? He asked afraid of my answer.

"Of course, I will, I just thought it was in England," I said slightly laughing. We arrived at Mason's driveway. He parked the car, and we made our way inside, ready to relax and celebrate the win today.