Chapter 8

I woke up in an unfamiliar room, feeling a surge of panic as I tried to piece together how I ended up here. After thinking back, I couldn't recall anything. Then, I noticed the pills, water, and a note on the table next to me. I silently read the note, and it immediately made me feel comforted. Out of all the guys at the party last night, I'm glad he took care of me. I feel most secure and relaxed around him.

I swallowed the pills in hopes of easing my hangover. Then, my gaze fell upon a chair in the room where Mason had left one of his t-shirts and a pair of joggers for me to wear, knowing I was still in my outfit from last night. I changed my clothes and stepped out of the spare room. As I opened the door, I was greeted by the sight of the big, combined living room and kitchen. His choice of style and furniture leaned towards modern style, with a fondness for lighter colors. The house had large windows that filled the space with natural light, providing a glimpse of his patio and the backyard. The house remained completely quiet, and I assumed Mase might still be fast asleep upstairs. Seeking for some entertainment, I settled into the sofa and turned on the TV, to watch some Netflix shows.

It was already 1 pm, and an hour had passed since I woke up. Curiosity got the better of me, and I couldn't help but wonder if Mason was still fast asleep. Resolving to find out, I made my way upstairs, to take a quick look. To my surprise there was no Mason in what I assumed was the master bedroom. It left me with wonder of where he could be, and without hesitation, I reached for my phone and decided to give him a call. He didn't answer the call, but I left him a voicemail urgently asking him to call me back as soon as possible. Just five minutes later, my phone started ringing, and to my relief, it was Mase.

Call between Mason and Palma

"Hey, how are you feeling?" he started.

"I mean besides the hangover, I'm fine."

"But Mase where are you, I have been awake for an hour, and I just checked your room to see if you were there with no luck" I said.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I just finished training, and are heading home soon." he explained to me.

"Mase, will you do me a favor and pick up some McDonalds for me, I'm very hungry."

"Of course, will you just text me your order?"

"Yes thank you, I'll see you." I said and ended the call.

Mason POV

I just finished talking to Palma on the phone, and now the guys and I are heading over to the boot room to drop off our belongings. As we walk across the pitch, Chilly shoots me a smirk, clearly referring to the conversation I just had.

"Yes, Chilly it was her" I said, as I knew he knew.

"I really ship you two, anything happened during the night of yours?" he told me.

"No, she stayed in my spare room, so nothing for you to be curious about" I said.

"Damn it, but you have to keep me updated" he said, as we got to the boot room.

I quickly removed my shin pads and boots, eager to head back home. Exiting the building, I made my way across the parking lot towards my car. Once inside, I turned on some music and began the drive to McDonalds. Navigating through the drive-thru, I swiftly placed her order and received the food, and resumed the drive back home. After approximately 30 minutes, I arrived and parked my car in the driveway. Making my way through the front door, I headed towards the living room, assuming she would be staying in there.

Palma POV

"Hi there" he said smiling.

"Hey Mase, finally back home" I said giggling.

"You missed me" he said with a smirk.

"Totally, what else would I spend my time on" I said in a joking way.

"Knew it, nice outfit btw." He said, as he put down the food on the coffee table.

"I know right, does it look familiar?"

"Not that I know of, but, I could be wrong."

"Is this Mr. Mount trying to flirt with me?" I spoke.

"I like the sound of that" he said smirking again.

"Well sure you do, can we watch a movie while I eat?"

"Yes, but I might stink a bit" he said, laughing.

"You can take a shower later" I told him.

He then took a seat on the sofa next to me, and as our bodies connected, I felt the overwhelming urge to hug him. Without hesitation, I wrapped my arms around him, feeling a sense of calmness and relaxation wash over me. I looked up and caught an intense eye contact, that made my entire body from inside glow with joy. After a good 15 seconds of locking eyes, a silly laughter escaped my lips and I turned my attention to the TV to choose a movie. I didn't bother asking for his preference; instead, I made the decision for us to watch "The Lion King." Throughout the movie, we sat close together, his arm resting gently on my shoulder. I reached for my McDonald's meal, which he had placed on the coffee table, and began feeding myself and my stomach caught a feeling of happiness.

We remained in the same position throughout the entire movie, and at one point, I dozed off for about 15 minutes. I don't think Mase noticed as he was fully engrossed in the movie. As the credits rolled, he extended his arm and enveloped me in a warm, tight hug before speaking.

"I think I'll go take a quick shower, I'll be back in a bit."

"Yes, otherwise I might faint" I said laughing. He started running up the stairs into his ensuite bathroom, turned the water on and took a quick shower.

As I heard his footsteps walking down the stairs he spoke up.

"I have something I wanna ask you?" he said, as he came walking towards me with just a towel around his waist.

"Mase I can't be serious with you, when you're half naked" I said laughing.

"You're so silly" he said putting on a t-shirt.

"I would just like to know what you think about us, and our relationship, because I can't deny that I really like you." He said with the biggest smile, taking a place in the sofa again.

"Well, I would be lying if I said I didn't like you. I don't want to rush into anything, and I like how it is right now. I feel like we can be honest with each other, and I feel very comfortable being around you." I explained to him.

"I'm glad you're saying that I feel the same way and think we shall take in our own pace." He said approaching me into a hug.