Chapter 29

I parked the car in the driveway and brought all the groceries into the kitchen. Mase was sitting on the couch, but when he saw me, he came over to help.

"Hey, let me give you a hand," Mase said as he approached.

"Hey, baby, how did the meeting go?" I asked, and we shared a quick, tender kiss.

"Let's put everything away first, and then we can talk about it," he suggested.

"You're right," I agreed, knowing we had items for the fridge and freezer. Together, we organized and stored all the groceries, completing the task in no time.

"Come on, I'm eager to know now," I said, excited to hear about the meeting.

"Alright, let's go to the couch," Mase suggested, and we made our way there, settling in. "So, I spoke with the manager. He explained their vision of how I would fit into the team, and just in general his plan for me to develop my game."

"That's great, isn't it?" I said, genuinely happy for him.

"Really great. Compared to Chelsea, where I wasn't really in their plan for the future, that's also why I turned down the offer for a new contract," Mase explained. "Today, I agreed on personal terms with Manchester United. Erik, the manager, informed me that Chelsea rejected the first bid, but another one was submitted this afternoon, and we'll find out the decision later tonight. He also assured me that they're determined to sign me and won't give up until the deal is done."

"Well, that's fantastic. It sounds like Manchester will be a great place for you to continue your career," I said, offering my support.

"I hope I'm making the right decision. It's not easy to leave the club I've played for since the age of 6," he confessed, unsure about his choice.

"I'm sure you're doing what's best for you," I reassured him, gently rubbing his thigh.

"Depending on Chelsea's response to the bid, I'll have to go to Manchester tomorrow if they accept it," he informed me.

"Okay, should I go with you, or would you prefer me to stay here?" I asked, realizing he hadn't mentioned it.

"You have to be there with me. I want to share that moment with you. And if they accept the offer, my parents and Lewis will be going too," Mase said, emphasizing the importance of my presence.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing at home, enjoying our time together after being away from home for about a week, with both the Portugal and Monaco trips. While I tackled the laundry from our Monaco trip, Mase took charge of cooking dinner for the both of us. As I finished the last load of laundry, I made my way up the stairs from the basement and into the kitchen. Taking a seat on the kitchen island, I watched Mase skillfully complete the final touches on the meal.

"You look so handsome when you're cooking," I complimented him with a smile.

"And you look so beautiful sitting there in peace," he replied, returning the sentiment.

Curious about his family's perspective on the meeting, I asked, "What did your family say about the meeting earlier?"

"They're all very supportive, but especially my dad. He believes the move is necessary due to the limited playing time I had towards the end of the season," Mase shared.

"I'm glad to hear that everyone is supporting your decision," I expressed. With dinner ready, I set up the dining table with silverware, plates, glasses, and water. We then sat down together and engaged in conversation, with the transfer dominating our discussions as it played a significant role in both of our lives at the moment.

After finishing our meal, we efficiently tackled the cleanup together, assisting each other to speed up the process. With the kitchen tidied up, we made our way to the couch, where we settled in comfortably. I snuggled up to Mase and playfully convinced him to watch an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Although he pretended not to enjoy it, I could tell he was entertained by the show. After the episode, Mase insisted on choosing the next movie, and he settled on a Marvel film, although I wasn't particularly fond of such unrealistic movies. Nonetheless, I decided to indulge his preference and tried to stay engaged. However, finding the movie uninteresting, I gradually drifted off into a light slumber, attempting to make it unnoticeable to mase.

I believe I had been asleep for around 30 minutes when Mase began calling my name and gently shaking me.

"Palms... Palms... Palms," he called.

I opened my eyes, still trying to adjust to the sudden awakening. "What's happening, Mase?" I asked, feeling confused.

"Chelsea just accepted the bid!" he exclaimed, excitement gleaming in his eyes.

Instantly, I was wide awake and bursting with joy. "No way! I can't believe it!" I exclaimed, hugging him tightly as he kissed the top of my head. "Have you told your family yet?"

"Not yet. Should we give them a call?" he suggested.

"Yes, oh my gosh! I want to witness this!" I replied, overflowing with excitement.

Mase picked up his phone, which was lying on the couch. Then he pressed his mom's name and did a Facetime call.

Call between Mase's parents and us

"Hey Mum and Dad," Mase greeted them.

"Hi there," I chimed in.

"Hi, my favorites!" his mom exclaimed.

"Well, just calling to tell you that Chelsea has accepted the bid from Manchester!" Mase shared with excitement.

"Congratulations, baby! I'm so proud of you," his mom expressed.

"Well done, son," his dad added.

"Ready for a road trip in the morning?" Mase asked, knowing they would be joining him for the journey to Manchester.

"Of course, baby. I wouldn't trade this moment for anything," his mom replied.

"Mase, we'll be at your place at 7 in the morning, okay?" his dad confirmed.

"Perfect. Can you guys inform Lew? I think he wants to go too," Mase requested.

"Yes, I'll text him," his mom assured.

"Okay, thanks, Mom. But I think we should get some rest now," Mase said.

"Love you," I said.

"Love you too. Bye," Mase's mom ended the call.

As it was already late, we went straight up to the bedroom after the exciting news, needing some rest for the trip tomorrow. We both changed and brushed our teeth in the bathroom before settling into bed.

As we lay there, Mase spoke, "It feels good to be back here together."

"I've missed this bed, to be honest," I admitted sincerely, realizing how much I had missed the comfort of Mase's home. "Lying here, I'm realizing how incredibly happy I feel. These past months with you have been the best of my life. The experiences we've shared, the bond we've formed, and the closeness I feel with your family—it all makes me so incredibly happy. And now, as we prepare to build our life together in Manchester, it feels surreal. I will always cherish the memories of Portugal and Monaco, and witnessing your games. You make me the happiest girl on earth, and I will love you forever."

"I agree with everything, you're the cutest. I love you, baby."