Chapter 26

We arrived at the harbor where Mase had parked the jet ski, and we hopped on it together. Mase skillfully drove the jet ski, leading us back to the yacht. Once we reached the boat, he gave me a brief tour, before we settled into the inviting outdoor lounge area. With glasses of white wine in hand, we basked in the breathtaking view that stretched out before us.

"I love this boat. It's so calm out here," I said, snuggling up to Mase.

"I know, I love that we've resolved everything and can be here together," he said, planting a gentle kiss on the top of my head.

"We really need to catch up. I feel like I'm so behind on everything in your life," I remarked.

"You're right. Regarding the transfer, I might be leaving Chelsea this summer," he revealed.

"You never mentioned it to me before...," I responded, a tinge of confusion in my voice since we only hadn't spoken for three days.

"Well, the transfer window opens after the season ends, which was after the final," he clarified. "I turned down the contract extension with Chelsea yesterday, and now clubs are bidding for me."

"So you won't be living in London after the summer?" I asked, trying to grasp the potential changes.

"I don't know yet. It depends on whether I get sold," he explained.

"Okay, but promise me you'll keep me updated," I requested.

"I promise," he assured me. "Here's a question for you: If I were to leave London, what would you do?"

I leaned in, planting a kiss on his chest, and replied, "I would seriously consider going with you. Without you, I don't have a reason to stay in London."

"I love you," he whispered, his voice filled with emotion.

"And guess what? I got a new job offer."

"Really? I didn't know you were actively looking for a job," he said, genuinely surprised.

"I wasn't. They contacted me," I revealed.

"Wow, that's great news! But if you just got a job in London, wouldn't it be difficult for you to leave?" he asked, concerned.

"It's actually a modeling agency, so I'll have to travel occasionally for shoots. And then I can schedule appointments wherever I'm based," I explained, a hint of excitement in my voice.

"That's amazing! I'm genuinely happy for you," he said, his voice filled with support. "I had no idea you were interested in modeling, but you definitely have the looks for it."

"I didn't know either, but I think I'll enjoy it," I said, smiling at the thought of embarking on this new venture.

"I'm excited for you," he said, and together we sat in comfortable silence, listening to the gentle lapping of the waves. After a moment, he broke the silence with a suggestion. "I have something I want to do. Can we call my mom and surprise her?"

"Yes, she's gonna be so happy," I exclaimed, fully on board with the idea. "Okay, I'll stay quiet until you give me the thumbs up, alright?" I whispered, eager to surprise his mom.

Mase retrieved his phone and opened the phone app, searching for his mom's contact. With a quick tap, he initiated the call, and we waited for her to answer on the other end.

Call between Debbie and us

After a few rings, his mom's voice came through the speaker, "Hello?"

"Hey Mum, how are you?" he asked, a warm tone in his voice.

"I'm good. What about you? Did you have fun at the Grand Prix?" she inquired.