Chapter 30

Once again, we were up early, preparing for the journey to Manchester. We packed our essentials, anticipating the possibility of staying there for a few nights. As Mase's family arrived, we all squeezed into one car, filling up all five seats. Mase's dad took the wheel with his mom beside his dad, while Lewis and I sat on either side of Mase in the backseat. The drive from London to Manchester would take around seven hours, and Mase needed to be there in the afternoon to sign the contract, so an early departure was necessary.

"It's been six years since we last did this," Lewis remarked.

"Yeah, it's crazy," Mase replied.

"One more for the memory books" Mase's dad chimed in

"When did you guys leave home this morning?" I asked.

"We left at 5, but I took a nap on the way to London," Mase's mom chimed in, giggling.

"That's what I do every time mase and I are travelling early in the morning" I said back.

"I can confirm," Mase added. "Oh, I totally forgot to tell you guys," Mase began again. "While Palma and I were in Monaco, I asked her to be my girlfriend," he said, a smile spreading across his face.

"Mase, how dare you not to tell your mom!" she exclaimed playfully.

"Sorry, Mom, a lot has been going on with the transfer and everything," Mase explained.

"I'm so happy for you guys. I was just waiting for it to happen," she said, beaming. "So, Palma, will you be moving with Mase?"

"That's the plan, yes. You know I can't stand being away from him," I replied, laughing.

"I want two grandchildren," his mom declared, causing everyone to chuckle.

"Hold up, Mom, tell Lewis, not us," Mase teased.

"Shut up, Mase." Lewis joined in, teasingly.

"Hey, kids, behave" Mase dad told the guys.

"Right dad, kids" Lewis replied.

Mase broke the silents by informing everybody about our living situation. "I've made a bid on a house, but I'll have to meet up with the real estate agent tomorrow to look at it,"

"Hey, you never told me," I said, confusion.

"I wanted to show it to you without you having seen it," Mase explained looking at me. "The plan is for the house to undergo a quick renovation while we're on vacation, so it'll be ready when we return home."

"Where are you guys going for vacation?" Mase's dad inquired.

"Don't ask, we don't know yet," Mase admitted, feeling a bit embarrassed. "We should look into it later," he said, turning to me.

"For sure. I feel like we're behind with everything," I said, laughing.

"It's okay, you guys have been really busy the last couple of weeks," Mase's mom reassured me, trying to make me feel better. The conversation continued, and the hours on the road seemed to fly by. Eventually, we arrived at Carrington, the training ground of Manchester United. Mase walked in, and we all followed behind. We were warmly greeted by the staff, who made us feel welcome from the very beginning. We had a bit of free time to look around before Mase had to sign the contract.

We entered the signing room, where a large desk awaited Mase and the manager, Erik. We stood on the other side of the desk at the back of the room. The moment had come for Mase to sign the contract, and he did so with a sense of significance. A photographer captured the moment, making it even more special. I couldn't help but feel a rush of pure happiness inside, knowing that this was a significant milestone for all of us. Afterward, Mase had a photoshoot in his new player kit, capturing him in the colors of Manchester United. It was an exciting moment to see him representing the club. Following the photoshoot, he had to participate in various interviews to engage with the fans and promote his connection to the club. With Mase occupied, the rest of us decided to head to a nearby restaurant for lunch. It was a chance for us to relax and enjoy a meal together while Mase attended to his professional commitments.
_____________________________

Mase got back to the hotel we were staying at late, after finishing up all the media stuff he had been doing all day. I was sitting on the bed when he walked in, looking tired but still with a smile on his face.

"Hey Baby," Mase said, walking to my side of the bed giving me a hug.

"Hey," I said planting a kiss on his lips. "How was it?"

"Fun, but I'm exhausted now. We did a lot of media stuff for Instagram and TikTok." He explained to me.

"I bet you smashed it" I said, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I love you," he said connecting our lips again.

It got more passionate and heated. Eventually I broke the kiss, as we still had to discuss tomorrows events and the vacation situation.

"Should we look into the vacation?" I asked.

"Good catch, yes we should." He replied, finding his laptop from over on the counter. He took a seat back into the bed, and I rested my head on his shoulder again.

"So, I was thinking we could maybe go to Italy, stay on a big yatch, then if you didn't mind, we could invite some of my lads?" He said.

"As long as I share a bedroom with you, I have no preferences." I spoke, making a silly giggle. "What lads are you thinking of?" I asked.

"Some of the England lads," Mase started. "Like, Dec, jack and Chilly. Dec and jack would bring their ladies too."

"I have only met those people a few times." I said a bit nervous.

"That would be an opportunity for you to get closer with my best mates," Mase said excited.

"Yeah sorry, you're right, it'll probably be fun." I said smiling at him. "Did you already plan this with the lads?" I said with a smirk.

"Sort of...We have been talking about it would be fun to do." He said. "But can I text them now? If you're in for it?"

"You can text them" I said cuddling up to him.

🦁🦁🦁🦁 and birds
Groupchat

Mase
Hey guys, do you fancy going to Italy, and stay on a yatch with palms and I?

Jack
Didn't we already agree on doing that?

Dec
God Jack, act like we didn't plan it already without asking our birds.

Sash
Jack told me 2 weeks ago.

Lauren
Baby, you asked me yesterday.

Palms
Mase asked me seconds ago.

Ben
Well done, Jack, always messing it up.

Jack
Lads, you make me so confused.

Mase
Whatever, Italy is waiting for us!

Palms
You're so spoiled.

Lauren
All of our lads are.

Ben
I'll be 7th wheel

Palms
I'll find a bird for you in Italy
Promise!!!!

Both Mase and I put down our phone, and I laughed at him, as he had done plans without asking me about it.

"Be happy I said yes to your idea" I said smirking.

"I would have some explanation to do if you didn't" he said laughing.

"I bet you would," I added.

"About tomorrow, we have to meet him by the house at 10.30," Mase explained.

"Perfect, I'm so excited to see it," I said, "But did we have to do a renovation?" I asked.

"That's the plan, then it'll end up being just like we like it" Mase said.

We spoke for a few more minutes, but both of us were feeling the exhaustion from the long day. Knowing that we had to wake up early again tomorrow, we decided it was best to get some rest. I snuggled up in Mase's arms, feeling safe and content, and soon we both drifted off to sleep.