Chapter 19

I was curious about what was happening as Chilly appeared noticeably stressed. It was unusual for him to come and get me before a game, so I wondered what this could be about. My mind was filled with questions as I followed him through the doors of the box.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"I promised Mase to come and get you. He's really nervous and just wants a quick hug," Chilly explained.

"Ohh, I'll come. Is it in the changing room?" I inquired.

"Yes, just follow me," he replied. As we reached the changing room, I followed Chilly inside and immediately spotted Mason sitting by his name on the wall. Chilly went over to join the other players, while I made my way towards Mase, leaving us by ourselves. Mase was looking down at his phone, likely watching something to distract himself from his pre-game nervousness. When I approached him, he looked up and our eyes met. Without a word, I sat down beside him and wrapped him in a tight hug. At that moment, Mase and I existed in our own little world, unaffected by the presence of the other players on the opposite end of the room. After a few moments, we pulled away.

"You okay, babe?" I asked, concern filling my voice.

"Just a bit nervous. I've missed not being around you, and I needed to see you before the game," he confessed. I instinctively pulled him into another tight hug, assuring him that everything would turn out well.

"I was with your family when Chilly came to get me," I mentioned, breaking the embrace.

Mason chuckled softly, a twinkle in his eyes. "You guys really get along," he remarked.

"I know. I feel so close to your family already," I replied, a genuine smile gracing my face.

"They really like you too," he said, his smile widening. Just then, a message popped up on my phone from Willa, asking how long I would be gone.

"Oh, God, I forgot I left Willa with your family," I said, laughing at my absentmindedness. Mason joined in on the laughter, lightening the mood.

"Mason, remember to go out there and enjoy it. I'll be cheering you on from the stands, alright?" I expressed, adoringly gazing into his eyes.

"Promise. I'll see you later. Now, go save Willa," he replied with a smile.

With that, he gently used his hands to draw our lips together, and we shared a tender kiss. One last tight hug and I made my way back to find Willa. As I returned to the box, we stayed there until minutes before the lads would walk out onto the field, ready to support Mase and the team. I settled down next to Jaz, Mason's older sister and we began chatting about Mase and our relationship.

"What was that about?" Jaz asked, a playful smile on her face.

"I was just as confused, but apparently Mase asked Chilly to get me because he was feeling nervous," I explained, trying to make sense of the situation.

Jaz smiled knowingly. "Aww, that's cute. I'm glad to see Mase with someone like you. You both deserve all the happiness in the world. He talks about you a lot and seems really happy."

Blushing slightly, I felt grateful for Jaz's kind words. "I feel the same way. He's an amazing person, and we have so much fun together."

"You've already become a part of the family," Jaz added warmly.

"You're too kind, making me blush all over here," I replied with a laugh. "Funny story, I realized I left Willa with your guys, and she doesn't know any of you, so I rushed back to the box."

"Haha, don't worry. We're enjoying her company. Look at Dad and Lewis bonding with her over Chelsea," Jaz said, laughing, which made me laugh too. As time flew by, it was finally time for Willa and me to find our seats in the stands, we briefly said bye to Mase's family, knowing we would see them again after the game.