Chapter 7

We walked up the stairs, navigating through the hallway until we reached one of the guestrooms. I didn't have a headache I just felt a bit uncomfortable in that truth or dare game. While I genuinely like Chilly, I sensed that he was pushing both Mason and me into a situation that we weren't ready for. After all, I had only just met this guy.

"Palma are you okay, can I get you something?" he asked, and I could feel how he genuine cared.

"Thank you Mase, but I'm fine I don't have a headache. I just felt a bit uncomfortable during the game of truth or dare." I told him.

He took his hands and cupped my face "Hey, sorry the guys can be a bit too much sometimes" "But Palma, I want you to know, I don't care if you have been with anyone or not."

"It's okay, actually I just wanna have fun, can we go get a drink?" I said with a smile.

"Yes, lets go" he said walking in the direction of the door.

He opened the door for me being the gentleman he is, and we walked down the stairs, making our way towards the kitchen. I couldn't help but appreciate his thoughtfulness and charm.

"Let me make a secret drink for you" Mase asked.

"Promise me I will like it" I said with a smirk.

"I'll do my best," he said, his voice filled with determination, as I lifted myself up onto the kitchen table, taking a comfortable seat. I closed my eyes, allowing myself to relax, while Mason skillfully mixed the drink right beside me. As he finished, he poured it into a cup and handed it to me.

"From a scale from 1 to 10 I'm 10 scared" I said with a joking scared face.

"Come on just try it." He said looking at how ridiculous I was. I tried it and surprisingly I really liked it, he really did put an effort into this drink.

"This is good! There might be a hidden bartender inside of you."

"Lets do a shot each to get going again" I said, making him think I was crazy of all the alcohol I was putting into my body right now.

"I'm in for that" he said starting to pour up 2 shots of pure vodka.

"1...2...3" we said synchronic and poured it down immediately.

I had my drink in one hand, the cool glass contrasting with the warmth of Mase's hand as he gently grabbed my other hand, leading me towards the dance floor. The energetic beats of the music filled the air, and without hesitation, we surrendered ourselves to the rhythm. The familiar tunes from 2012, causing me to wholeheartedly immerse myself in dancing and singing along.

During all my moves on the dancefloor, I saw Ben who I haven't seen all night. I ran through the crowd and gave him a big hug.

"What have you and Mase been up to, I saw you walking upstairs together?" he asked.

"Nothing I swear, his friends just got a little too much for me, so I wanted to leave."

"But you're good again?" he asked handing me a drink, I gladly accepted.

"Yes, I'm great now" I said, as I quickly ran towards the bathroom, desperately needing to relieve myself. Luckily, there was no line, so I entered and secured the door behind me. Taking a seat on the toilet, I released a much-needed stream, feeling a sense of relief wash over me. However, fatigue unexpectedly overcame me, and I unintentionally drifted off to sleep while still seated on the toilet.

I slowly woke up, as I heard my phone ringing. To my surprise, it was Mason calling.

"Hey where are you? Did you leave without telling me bye?" he asked.

"No, I'm still here, meet me at the guestroom in 1 minute, okay?"

"Yes, I'm walking up the stairs now, will meet you there" he explained to me.

"Okay great, see you" I said hanging up.

I walked down the hallway again, noticing mase by the door of the guestroom.

"Where have you been hiding?" he asked laughing.

"This is quite embarrassing, when you called me, I woke up from my sleep while sat on the toilet."

"You have had too much to drink, do you want me to take you home?"

"Can't we just take a powernap in here?"

"Yes, we can, if you want to stay" he said and I started to cuddle up in his lap, as he was still sat up in the bed.

"Mase I have had such a fun night" I said smiling while having closed my eyes.

"After today, I have realized how much I have missed your company" he told me, stroking my hair.

"Well, who stopped you from texting me the past few weeks?" I spoke.

"I think I was just unsure of how strong, our relationship was, I mean if we just saw each other a few times or if we should keep seeing each other."

"That is such a confusing explanation" I told him laughing.

"I can't believe the reason why I know you is because you shot that ball right into my face - out of all the people at the stadium I was the chosen."

"Don't you feel lucky?" he said with a smirk.

"Mhmm, very" I said half asleep.

"Hey gorgeous, before you fall completely asleep, can I please take you home?"

"Yes, I wanna go now" I said, at the stage where don't remember it.

Mason POV

I carried her in my arms and slowly walked down the stairs, heading towards the front door. I called an Uber, as we sat inside of it I'm realizing that I don't know where Palma lives. As she peacefully sleeps, I instructed the driver to take us to my own place, haunted by the fear that she might misunderstand my intentions or feel that I had crossed her boundaries.

We arrived at my place, and the Uber driver dropped us off. Carefully, I carried her inside and settled her in the guestroom, ensuring she could continue her peaceful sleep. I left a few pills and a glass of water on the bedside table, along with a note that read:

Hey Palma,

Thanks for yesterday. You're staying in my guestroom because you fell asleep while we were talking in Chilly's guestroom. I wanted to make sure you got home safely, but I didn't know your address and you were asleep, so I made the decision to bring you to my place. I hope that's okay, and I didn't overstep any boundaries of yours.

Mase <3