Chapter 13

As we took a seat on the couch Mase spoke, "You know what? My mom asked me where you're from, and as embarrassing as it was, it made me realize that we barely know anything about each other."

"Okay you know what? I'll give you a whole introduction of me, and you'll do the same afterwards," I told him.

"I love that," Mase said.

"Okay, my full name is Palma Isabel Moreau, and I'm 18 years old. I'm born on June 11, 2001. I graduated from high school in Monaco last summer and embarked on a gap year in London in January. My parents and older brother live in Monaco, which is where I grew up. I am fluent in both French and English and enjoy attending yoga classes. In London, I have a close group of friends consisting of four girls, including myself. However, I haven't been able to see them lately because I've been spending most of my time with a guy who I think I might be falling for..."

"You're from Monaco? I swear, I couldn't tell you weren't from England," he said, clearly shocked.

"Yes, and by the way I'm meeting with the girls tomorrow for a coffee." I told him.

"Of course, and are you ready to hear the only phases I can in French?" He asked laughing

"You make me nervous, bring it on" I said scared.

"Voulez-vous coucher avec moi" he said very proud.

"Dans tes rêves" I said laughing.

"No, I'm not that advanced, what did you say?" he asked.

"Just said 'in your dreams' " I said slightly giggling.

"I think it kinda worked." He said laughing.

"We will see later, your turn, tell me about you" I said smiling at him.

"Yes, so my full name is Mason Tony Mount, and I'm 20 years old. I'm born on January 10, 1999. I'm from Portsmouth, a city in southern England. I have two older sisters and one older brother and my parents, all of whom you met today, besides one of my sisters. Football has been a part of my life since I can remember, and I joined Chelsea's academy when I was just 6 years old. I'm only fluent in English since I never really grasped the knack for school. All my best mates play football too, including Reece and Chilly, we share a great bond both on and off the field. Then I get along we most of the English national team. But, most importantly I'm falling for this amazing girl."

"Love the middle name, might start calling you that." I said, laughing.

"Don't you dare" he replied, smiling.

"Well, Mase, I'm tired and I have to be ready for tomorrow with the girls," I told him.

"Yes, I have training as well, I might be able to drop you off if you would like?" he offered.

"I have to be there at 10, when is your training starting?" I asked him.

"It starts at 10.15, can I drop you off at 9.55?" he asked.

"Yes, thank you Mase," I said leaning on him.

"You wanna go up and get ready for bed?" he asked as he yawned.

"Yes, I'm tired," I replied. We stood up, and he put his arm around me as we walked up to the bedroom and entered the ensuite bathroom together. I started my skincare routine while Mase brushed his teeth. After he finished, he said he would wait for me in bed. I joined him after brushing my teeth and cuddled up to him, resting my head on his chest. It had become a regular habit by now.

"I can't believe you're going to the final," I said, one last time before drifting off to sleep.

"I love you," the three magical words escaped from his mouth.

Our alarm went off, signaling that it was time for us to get out the door soon. I stretched my arms and gave Mase a hug and a kiss. Then, I headed straight to the bathroom to take a quick shower before we had to leave. Mase, still feeling tired, stayed in bed for a few more minutes. As I finished showering and started drying myself off, and I could hear Mase getting up and going down to the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee and prepare breakfast. With just a towel wrapped around me, I went down to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. There, I saw Mase eating a massive bowl of yogurt, which brought a smile to my face.

"Are you getting yourself some yogurt?" I asked, chuckling.

"Hey miss, we don't judge at my house," he replied with a laugh. I went back upstairs to change into something more presentable. I chose my outfit, going for a tight black long-sleeve and a pair of dark blue jeans. I completed the look with a pair of Adidas Samba shoes. I aimed for a casual and relaxed appearance since I was only meeting with the girls. As I finished getting dressed, I was interrupted by Mase, who needed to change into his training outfit. I took a seat on the bed, enjoying a moment of relaxation before it was time for us to leave.

Mase finished getting dressed and made his way toward me.

"We have to leave now," he said, kissing the top of my head and gently stroking my hair. I stood up from the bed and followed him downstairs. He went to the living room to grab his bag, and then we were ready to go. He locked up the house, and we both took a seat in the car.

"Do you still have the key I gave you?" he asked.

"Yes, do you want it back?" I replied.

"No, just in case you finish before I'm done with training. You can call me when you're finished, and if I don't answer, take an Uber. I'll cover the cost," he offered.

"Mase, I can pay for my own Uber. You don't have to pay for everything," I told him.

"No, Palma, I insist," he said as we arrived at the place where I was meeting the girls. I kissed Mase goodbye and stepped out of the car. I had arrived a few minutes early and was now waiting outside the café for the girls to join me.