Chapter 1 : Saying Goodbye

The rain fell in the darkness, my wand illuminated the grave stone before me. It had been a week since I lost him. Professor Fig, and his loving wife, Miriam. Lay six feet beneath me. I could feel the hot, sticky, humid summer rain, which began to stick to my robes. Even the Scottish highland cold, was incapable of curing me now.

I had come here every day since he was buried, he was buried in his hamlet home town, which wasn't too far from Hogwarts, even then, most nights I walked here, in search of clearing my head. It was in the dark of night, in which I had chosen to come, and go. I had to get back to the castle, and talk to Professor Weasley. I took a deep breath, and turned my back to the grave, walking down the winding road, spotting the luminescent floo flame in the darkness. I rummaged in my pockets, for the small draw bag. Pulling the strings apart, grabbing the powder, and throwing it to flame.

"Hogwarts, Great Hall." At that, I felt the awkward banging sensations, as I travelled through the network, finally, landing my soggy self on the stone floor, as students swarmed to get to their tables. "Nox." I muttered to my wand. I turned, not caring about my disgruntled look. Turning to see the banners above. I gnawed at the inside of my cheek, and turned to my house table. My robes dripping.

"Blimey- what- did you go swimming?" A voice piped, I turned my head to be met with a red head.

"Something like that." I mumbled, I sat down across from him, as I felt another come to my side.

"You are soaking!" Exclaimed the girl. I turned, there was someone who could soften my sorrow. Natsai Onai.

"Well Hello to you too Natty." I smiled. She pulled out her wand, and ran it over me, my hair volumized, my robes clean and dry. I thanked her, as the sound of everyone talking, refused to die down.

"Where did you wonder off to then?" She asked me, I turned to face her, wanting to ignore Gareth. She smiled, warmly. Her eyes seemed as if they were trying to work me out, know how I was feeling in some sort of way.

"Just a walk of the grounds, you know, usual stuff, you know I'm one to wander." I pushed away the question, avoiding it. As I heard a voice speaking up.

"This year we have seen our students exemplify the house of Godric Gryffindor-" Headmater black started, as my table began in an uproar of cheers, Natty raised her arms, as she shook me heartily.

"Allow me to finish-!" Black cut in. "The loyality of Helga Hufflepuff-"

I could swear I could see Poppy Sweeting almost levitating from her seat.

"The Wisdom- of Rowena Ravenclaw!"

Amit looked like he was about to wet himself. Eric Northcott was cheering like he was off the walls.

"And the ambition of Salazar Slytherin." At those words of Blacks, I slightly turned my head, to see a dismayed Ominis, an absent minded Sebastian, whom seemed to be picking at a thread on his robes. Alongside Imelda, who clapped in a reserved manner.

"And so- the winner, of this years house cup-!" He had began the build, but Professor Weasley cut him off, from the distance I could hear the voice of her fill the room.

"If I may, one particular student heroism during the attack on Hogwarts, not to mention the level to which they have excelled in their coursework. As a new student, no less-"

Me. They were talking about me, Sebastian pricked his head, as did everyone else. I simply wanted to disappear. Everyone's eyes on me, bar Ominis, which I found a comfort in.

"Well- it would seem it certainly merits- I'd say a hundred points to their house? Wouldn't you agree?" She had turned to the headmaster at these words, as I could make out gasps, awes, and shouts all around me.