Chapter 25: Defensive

I did eventually get to sleep that night, but not without hassle. I tossed and turned for what felt like hours. It would be impossible to fall asleep next to Garreth for a long time. Then again, it was out of the question now. I sat up in my bed, running my fingers through my hair. I pulled my hand away, inspecting my hands. On one, was the prefects ring I had, which was clad with the lion of Gryffindor, the other, was my now engagement ring which Ominis gave me. My stomach turned thinking about that divide. All the other girls were still asleep. So I hauled out of bed, and headed down to the showers. Getting dressed, I made my way out of the common room, making sure I had my bag. 

I barely slept last night. But the shower took the tired look from me. The common room was basically empty, other than a few random 7th years. Whom I ignored. I headed out of the common room. Making my way down to the great hall for breakfast.

Having breakfast with someone that wasn't Garreth was strange to me. It was just me and him for so long. I was hoping I'd adjust back to my normal state sooner rather than later. I hadn't been up this early in awhile. I gave a small yawn, as I walked into the great hall. I spotted Ominis, heading over to him. He was sat at the normal Slytherin table. I put my hand on his shoulder so he knew it was someone he knew sitting next to him.

"Good morning." I pulled my leg over the bench, as I sat next to him, he smiled to me.

"Good morning." He replied. "Sleep well?" He asked.

"As best as I could, with going to bed so late and getting up so early. My body clock is fried." I muttered, I leaned over the table, grabbing some toast. I chewed. "So 'lover' how did you sleep?" I pronounced on the lover part in a sarcastic way. That caught him off guard. He just started laughing. I detected a blush on him. I noticed that his scalds had gone down, but a few small white scars remained.

"I slept rather well. Considering." He gave a sly smile.

"Considering what?" A voice spoke. Sebastian. I felt like I hadn't seen him in forever.

A feeling writhed in my chest. Filling it with warmth. I felt a shiver on my back. Sebastian smirked, as he sidled up to me, setting himself down by my side. He was so close that our knees knocked at the side.

"Considering none of your business Sallow." I taunted. Sebastian gave a fake pained expression.

"Oh my darling but you wound me so."

I felt a jolt inside of me. I had struck a plan with Ominis last night. I couldn't have Sebastian talking to me like this anymore. I went to open my mouth to say something, but Ominis spoke for me.

"You can't say that anymore." Ominis cut him down.

"Say what? That a woman can hurt me? Ah Ominis' you're so behind the times." Sebastian rolled his eyes in a smirk, whilst some milk poured itself into a bowl before him along with cereal. But Ominis' expression turned sour, Sebastian didn't even notice, because he was too busy eating.

"No Sebastian that's not what I'm-" Ominis was cut again.

"Morning (Y/N)" A voice purred. I looked up. Garreth. My mouth went dry. Between my chest fluctuating from Sebastian, and this feeling in my mouth. I instinctively tightened my entire body, my knees pressing together.

"M- morning Garreth." I spoke, but completely forgot I had toast in my mouth, that sentence made me choke. I did that weird awkward thing where you think you're going to choke so you slap your chest then swallow the said food, and then look really out of breath. I heaved.

Garreth and Sebastian exchanged a look, and gave small laughs.

"You alright there (Y/N)?" Sebastian laughed.