Chapter 15: Found You

It was nearing the last week of July, when I spotted a familiar face in Hogsmeade. I had gone to brood and peck to sell off some puffskiens, when I entered, I saw her. Poppy Sweeting herself. She screamed at the sight of me, then swung her arms around me. She told me how it was her first day, and how she was hoping to see me, and that she was coming back to Hogwarts next week. 

"How did you do in your exams?" I asked her. 

"Oh brilliant! Got an exceeds expectations in everything, but in Creatures class and Beasts class, oh and Herbology, I got an O! What about you?" She beamed. 

I didn't want to be a show off, and tell her what I got, I just said I got near enough the same as her. 

"Are you doing Quidditch this year?" I asked her, but she just shook her head. 

"Merlin no, I don't mind flying on a broom, but I'd much rather leave the game to the real players." 

I told her how Sebastian was practically coaching me. She laughed at that, but I made it a priority to not talk about the situation with the Gaunts. But she had noticed a ring upon my finger, so she asked. 

"Oh? This? Family heirloom." I quickly lied, but I knew my lie would eventually come to haunt me. I soon waved her goodbye, heading back to the castle. 

I had written to Sebastian, explaining that I had work all week, and he understood. So for a week, I didn't see him. I told I would see him in afew days, but upon the last shift I had that week. It was a normal night, so Sirona had opted to show me how to manage the firewhiskey. 

"Now, careful, it can be quite hot when pouring." She warned. I understood. I was pouring a butterbeer for a local, when I heard the bell going. Meaning someone had stepped in. Sirona had gone to the cellar to count the weekly shipment. 

"Hello, Welcome to The Three Broomsticks- what can I-" I had froze. 

It was Sebastian, being tailed by Ominis, Garreth, and dear Poppy Sweeting. I had froze in such a way that the cup that I was pouring was now overflowing, as the butterbeer began running over my hands. I hastened to turn the knob back, then continued to slam the cub before the customer, they slowly thanked me in confusion. As I just stared at them. Each and every one of them, were beaming. 

Ominis had gotten taller, far taller, Garreth did too, but not nearly as tall. He was more burly, like Sebastian. He had let his hair grow more, as it seemed like the freckles on him had multiplied. Ominis' hair had changed too, longer, but more loose on him. 

I ran behind the counter, as I threw my arms around Ominis and Garreth.

"I've missed you both so much- what are you all doing here?" I pulled back, looking at them. "Ominis- how did you get away?"

"My father had taken a liking to you, had a change of mind." Ominis smiled, fixing his tie slightly, I took to notice the silver band around his third finger upon his left hand. 

"Aunty said she hadn't seen much of you, said she was worried, so I had to come check on you." Garreth nudged me, I smiled to him. 

"Oi! (L/N)! Are you going to serve your customers or what?" Sebastian snapped in sarcasm. 

"Fuck off Sallow, I'm busy." I joked. 

"Easy now, that's no way to speak to a customer." He warned. I rolled my eyes. As I trooped back behind the bar, as they all took to setting themselves down in front of me. 

"Right okay- what do you want?" I asked, beginning to pull out glasses. 

"Pumpkin juice?" Garreth called out, I shot him a glare.