Chapter 21: Damage Control

I awoke the same way, as I did before. By my arm sliding off of Garreth. I had been laying on my stomach, so I cocked my head up, squinting my eyes to look up at him. I let out a yawn, he turned. The smell of him in the morning, was so relaxing to me. I had an even better sleep compared to the night before. 

"I didn't want to wake you- I'm sorry." He looked down at me, as he was doing up his shirt. 

"Doesn't matter, I'd have woken up anyways. Don't you ever get a day off?" I rubbed at my eyes. 

"Hah, are you joking? So close to going back to school? That's like picking a lock with no wand and no botruckle, you should know that's just not going to work out." He scoffed, as he seemed to be rummaging the room. "Where is it?" He muttered. 

"Where's what?" I stretched in the bed, fully sitting up now. 

"My tie I can't seem to-"

I had pulled my wand out from under my pillow. "Accio tie." I muttered, as about ten different ties crowded their way to my face. I spluttered, pushing them away. "Fuck." I yawned again. "There you go Weaselbee." I ran my fingers through my hair, setting my wand down on the bed, just watching him stress out. 

He looked through them, as he picked up one. I had come to notice that all of his ties that were around me, were loosened, not one of them was completely undone. He stood there for a moment, holding the line of tie in his hand. Staring at it. 

"What? Not know how to tie a tie?" I joked, laughing. 

His silence, spoke volumes. 

I felt my face drop. I slowly got out of the bed, coming closer to him, as I took it from his hand. "Come here, face me." I asked of him, looking down at me, he gave a nervous smile. I didn't even meet his eyes, as I fixed up the top button on his shirt, flicking up his lapel, as I wrapped the tie around it, tying it up, and lowering the collar. That was when I looked up into his eyes. He was in  a blank stare, like a daze. 

"What?" I laughed, turning to fix up the bed, even though I knew the house elves would probably do it again later anyways. But he had grabbed my wrist, I snapped back to look at him. "What?" I asked, still with a small laugh, but not the same as the previous. Face expressionless, eyes cold. I had finally came to land that this expression on Garreth Weasley, was a face of deep thought. 

"You're too nice for your own good." He spoke in a monosyllabic voice, which somewhat made me uneasy. I pulled my wrist from him, as I fidgeted with my hands. 

"Yeah, I suppose I am."

We locked eyes, that look still on his face. His jaw flexed, as the corners of his mouth cricked up in a small smile, as he grabbed his waist coat, and wand, and left the room. What was going on with him? 

I headed to get changed, get a nice shower, and fix myself up. I pulled at my hair, it was beginning to annoy me. I pulled on my shoes, grabbing my broom. Today, I would finally head to Feldcroft, and seek out Sebastian, and his sister Anne. I went down to get some breakfast, and heard a rather one sided conversation as I entered. 

"Birdy- I don't fancy you nipping at me- oh fuck- piss off!-" Garreth let out an almighty howl. I had turned the corner to see Berry maliciously pecking at his hands. His head flicked to me. "Oi! Call off your pigeon!" He screamed. I laughed, as I clicked my tongue, whistling, as Berry swooped over the breakfast table, picking up a piece of toast, as she left. I looked to Garreth, I was laughing, but he was cradling his hand. 

"Let me see." I walked to him, snatching up his hands, as I looked over them. She got him good. I pulled out a vial, some dittany stems, I pressed them to his hand. I began rubbing the cuts and indents on his hand.