Chapter 23: A Prefects Perfection

I was woken to the feeling of Garreth jumping out of the bed. I reached out to try and pull him back, my eyes were still closed. I grumbled, pleading with him. "Garreth, come back to bed- I'm cold." I rubbed my eyes as I still lay there with my eyes closed. I gave a small stretch. "You don't have work today." I added. 

"What in Merlins beard is going on here!?" A voice shouted, but it wasn't Garreths. I shot up in the bed, my eyes adjusting to the light in the room. I pushed my hair out of my face. A move I would regret making. My eyes focused on two ginger haired boys. One, was Garreth. The other Leander, Leander fucking Prewett. I froze. 

Leander had dropped his luggage and chest. His wand at hand. His jaw was practically hitting the floor. His eyes darted between me, and a shirtless Garreth. Leanders eyes narrowed in at me, then his face turned a dark shade of red, as he covered his eyes with his hands. 

"Is that- (Y/N)? I-In her night clothes-?! She's practically naked!" I was fully sitting up in the bed, my eyes shot over to Garreth. His jaw tensed, as he flexed his hands, and grabbed his wand from his bedside. He lunged for Leander, pushing him up against the wall. Garreths wand pressing right at Leanders jugular. 

Leander was right though. My night clothes were pretty skimpy, it was 1890 after all. If I had just hid my face instead of showing him my face by moving my hair, I could have avoided being pinned as myself.

Garreth had gotten right in his face, sneering, baring his teeth in a grimace. "You- DARE- breathe a word of this to anyone and I will curse you- no- I'll slip you a dammed potion if I have to, and I'll let her curse you up and down- I know you're not that stupid are you Prewett?" 

"Merlin let go of him Garreth!" I snapped. As I got out of bed, grabbing my own wand in tow. I crossed my arms. Utterly furious at the situation unfolding before me. 

"What? Are you going to do a memory charm?" Garreth sneered at me, glaring me up and down. 

"I don't know any charms like that!" I exclaimed. "Leander isn't fucking stupid enough to blabber, he knows I'll shove my wand up his backside if I have to." I retorted. "Just let him go Garreth."

"I- I thought you were engaged to Ominis Gaunt!" Leander shouted out. I emitted the most annoyed groan, as I rubbed my hands over my face in annoyance. 

"I'm not going to hear the fucking end of that am I?" I grumbled. "Just shut UP Leander! I have stuff to do Garreth. I don't have time for this." I hastily remarked, as I pulled open the door, practically running down the stairs. As I headed up another set of stairs to my own dorm. I opened the door to my dorm. To find Natsai Onai herself. 

"Natty!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around her. She shouted my name back, as I gave her the tightest hug. Eventually we pulled away. She went on to explain how her summer was. With the ministry, the enquiries, as she was confused how the ministry didn't seek out to find me. She then told me Paris was beautiful, as she went on to show me some of the rare books she found. As she spoke. I became aware of what time of day it was. It was at least some time after two in the day. Had me and Garreth slept that long? 

"Where were you- and in those clothes too?" She asked, raising a brow. 

Shit. 

Quick- come up with a lie!

"Oh I just like looking out the windows on days like this- the breeze is good." I added with a quick smile. The breeze is- good? Oh my god I needed to learn how to lie better- I usually could. 

"The breeze is good? But it was raining earlier?"

"The grass smells best after it rains." I added nervously. As I began to rummage through my trunk for my robes as I sat them out on the bed. "I-I'm going to get a shower." I snapped up my clothes and my shoes, as I hastily walked down the hallway to the bathrooms at the end of the hall. I stepped into the shower, as I lathered my hair with soap. Today was going to be a fucking mess. I could just tell by the way it was going. I got out of the shower, pulling on my robes and brushing my teeth and hair. My prefect uniform looked great. I could feel the heat from the outside seeping its way in through the castle, so I put my robe over my arm, as I walked back to the dorm.