Chapter 20: Taking Note

When I had finally built myself up to get out of bed, I was looking out the window beside Garreths window. I opened it. Feeling the afternoon breeze brush me. I took a deep breath, running my fingers though my hair- it had gotten longer. I began to think if I should cut it. I drew my eyes back to his bed, the sheets were all over the place. The candle had almost burned the entire way down, my eyes caught the book by his bedside. I picked it up. 

'Love Potions & How They Can Be Modified'

I scoffed, smirking. 

"My my my Weasley, you have been a busy boy over the summer haven't you?" I muttered to myself, finding the tactic of him of all people thinking he needed love potion to help him with his- personal endeavours. As I went to put it back down, which was with too much force on my half. My hand and the book had landed upon the bedside table. However, it was on the edge, which made the entire thing wobble, as my hand collided to it with a force, the entire bedside locker fell front first. I let out a small gasp covering my mouth. Shit. 

He better not have had any potions in there, or glass. 

I had left my wand in my own bedside locker, at the other end of Gryffindor tower. I ought to stick it to my side, I couldn't be without my wand anymore. I pulled it up, pushing it back to where it was, as I did, I hadn't taken the caution to push the drawers up with it. There were three in total, but it was the top one that had flipped upside down, and was now on the ground. I grimaced at the thought of Garreth finding out I possibly broke something. I picked up the drawer, sliding it back in, as it mainly seemed to be letters, that I wasn't nosey enough to read. But it was what I found under the pile that was strange. 

I had found, four packets of cigarettes. Along with some muggle newspapers. Even some random clippings were laid about it too. Mostly alcohol, cigarettes, and page three girls. That made me laugh. But another thing, a snippet was folded, I picked it up, unfurling. It was a picture of a box- with- 

"Garreth Weasley you are a STUD!" I broke into a fit of laughs. Did he seriously have a box of these somewhere? You'd think the wizarding world had other methods of contraception. 

I had spoken too soon, after I put the newspaper and it's pieces back. I found that box- that was on the clipping. And it- was opened. It read-

'Pack of 8, for the working man!'

Condoms. The man had condoms in his top drawer. How did he even go about with girls here? Or were they from Hogsmeade? Did he sleep with them in Hogsmeade too? Were they his age? There were four left. Was it the same girl? Was it- a boy? 

So much for my not wanting to be nosey, it was unintentional after all. I attempted fixing it up as best as I could. Putting everything back where I had supposed it came from. I began fixing up the bed too. I then left, walking back to my dorm. I didn't even want breakfast. When I had gotten to my room, Berry was rapping repeatedly at the window, I rushed to let her in. She did one big swoop around the room, then perched above my bed, dropping various things. 

She had dropped all of the cards that had littered my bedside table at the hospital, and two letters. I ripped open the first one, it seemed official in a way, regal. 

Dear (Y/N)

I am so sorry for not writing, things went from bad, to worse, to not so bad. I should be back at Hogwarts soon, my Mother and I are just trying to avoid the ministry eye, I got my OWL results- passed everything! What about you? How are you? Have you been keeping busy?

I had picked up a Daily Prophet the other day to find an entire article on Ominis Gaunt and you. Is there something you're not telling me? You cannot get a thing past me. I miss you and everyone else with my being. On a positive note, I had received a owl from the Aurour department at the ministry, they want to keep a personal eye on me for future scoutings! At least our adventures gave two bits of good from it.