Chapter 22: Summers End

We finished up our food, as we both took it in turn to pace. We were thinking about cover ups for the coming term. We shot ideas back and fourth, but no good ones seemed to come to either of our minds. I could see the sun slowly drifting down, as I was watching it from the window. 

"We can't tell them we're all cousins!" I exclaimed. "Purebloods marry purebloods all the time Sebastian! Me and you are probably like, eighth cousins or something if you go back far enough!"

"Oh don't even say that you'll make me sick." Sebastian retorted, as he was pacing, hands behind his back. "You're right, even if we did say that, we'd be in too deep of a lie, we can't keep that up for another two years. Merlin, who does this Scale woman think she is?"

"She's just a gossipy old hag that works for the prophet." I retorted, running my fingers through my hair. "I-I best go, Garreth might be waiting up for me, I need to speak with him." I explained, attempting to compose myself. 

"What-? You're leaving?" Sebastian queried. I stood, as I watched him tighten his grip on his wand. "So soon?"

"Well- yes?"

He stopped for a moment, he then swiftly flicked his wand, as his trunk had started packing, potion vials clinked their way in, as did his robes, and other arrays of uniform. "I'm coming back to Hogwarts- tonight." 

I gave a small smile, crossing my arms. 

"So you've really missed me then?" I teased. 

"But of course."

He finished packing, as I took to cleaning up the place. Washing the dishes, and I stood over the pot of food Sebastian made. 

"What do you want me to do with this then?" I asked. 

"Hm? Oh, leave that I'll have to come back tomorrow anyways." He explained, as he seemed to be rummaging through some books. 

I put the lid on the pot, as I leaned against the wall, just watching him ready, but soon enough he grabbed his broom, as we made our way out across Feldcroft. The sky was turning pink in a way. The last of the summer air was brushing it's way through us, as I took it all in. My eyes moving to look at the quick river and bridge we made. "Reckon the floods will stop then?"

"If they don't- I won't be far." 

I flicked out my wand, as my broom slid into my hands. As we took off into the sky. Sebastian held his broom steady with one hand, holding his trunk aloft with his wand. We flew in silence, as something grew inside of me once more. 

All that gossip, all that hurt that horrible woman was putting out into the world. Could we even do anything to avoid it? Or perhaps even take it away? But it was Sebastian who broke the silence. 

"What should we do about Ominis then?" 

"I'm going to try and to avoid him until me and him both calm down. But- I know that's going to be almost impossible. What about you?"

"I'll try and talk to him, I know he won't listen, but it doesn't hurt to try." Sebastian gave a small sigh, as we floated down toward the courtyard. I pushed open the main doors to the castle, as we waltzed in. Sebastian turned, we stared at each other for a moment, as he wrapped his arms around me. In a hug, I was taken aback, but slowly, I hugged him back. One of his hands wrapped my waist, as his other hand found it's way to my hair, he was still clutching his broom and wand. 

"Don't you go getting into trouble." He joked in a whisper in my ear. 

"I could say the same for you Sallow." I gave a wry smile, pulling from him, he gave a smile back. "I'll see you later Sallow."