Chapter 18 : The Scuffle

Now the second week of August had came, me and Garreth were like ships passing. He got up early in the mornings for work, so I never saw him. While I worked well into the night. I was fixing up the baby hippogriff in it's new enclosure, making sure it was well. 

"He's looking great isn't he Highwing?" I spoke to her, in reply she bowed her head. "He needs a name..." I thought for a moment, the babe was a shade of grey, a mix of Highwing and Caligo. "Aha! Witherwings! Perfect! You can match with your mother now, can't you lovely?" I smiled at the creature. I bid them all goodbye. Heading back out to check on my potions and plants. I plopped some dittany into the cauldron as I rummaged for inferi skulls. 

A clock chimed behind me, as I knew it was time to head out. It was around four or so. I went back to the common room, changing. I had decided to pay Garreth a visit, alongside collect my things for potions. I pulled on my uniform, fixing my hair. I was done. I walked down to Hogsmeade, I could feel the summer sun fading away, autumn was coming. 

I opened the doors to Pippins, as the bell tinkeled, my foot got stuck on a cauldron by the door, which made them clang. "Fucker." I muttered. I practically fell in the door. "Sorry about that." I apologised to whoever was in there. I shut the door behind me. 

"Well well well, you look dapper." I remarked. 

Garreth was dressed in a fitted light blue waistcoat. With a white shirt, and grey trousers, with a matching light blue tie. He turned, with a smile. "(Y/N)! What are you doing here?" 

"Have to shop sometime don't I?" I smiled. "You said you had stuff for me- for class." 

"Ah, yes hold on, I'll get it now." He turned, walking out the backdoor somewhere, as Mr Pippin walked in, holding a box up with his wand. 

"Aha! My best customer, was wondering where you went to! I've missed you." The man smiled, as he sat the box next to the register. 

"Ah you're pulling my leg, you mean your pockets missed me." I joked with him, he gave a laugh, shaking his head. 

"You jest me Miss (L/N)- heavens where has Weasley got to then eh?"

"Oh- he went out the back to get something for me." I explained. "Stuff for school."

"Could you be the lucky girl he set things aside for? I'll have you know, he's been polishing your cauldron since he could get his hands on it. You're lucky to have him." He smiled, as he began pulling out toadstool caps, placing them to jars. 

Gareth busted back in, as he clutched the cauldron, I could see the ingredients poking out from inside. "Here you are, just as you need." He smiled, I threw him the money, as I flicked my wand, which made the cauldron and its contents shrink, as I slipped it to my pocket. 

"Keep the change Weasley, I'm off to work, I won't be back in time for dinner, Sirona finally got the pumpkin juice, along with some muggle drinks, something from south America. I'll see you later." I smiled, leaning to give him a hug goodbye, he gave a tighter one back. 

"See you later, might drag Sallow for a visit, and Gaunt if I catch him." I pulled away from him. 

"What? They're here?" I snapped, in a haste. 

"Well- yes- they sent an owl to me, I thought they would have done the same for you?" He furrowed his brows. 

"No, no they didn't." I spoke in a hushed tone. "I- I have to go." I rushed out too fast, as I marched to the three broomsticks. 

Those little pricks didn't even write to tell me they were already in their job placements? I could strangle the pair of them. I was fuming. I made my way to work, as the place was filled. I let out a sigh, I could see Sirona struggling from across the room, as I lunged to help her as quick as I could. Hours had gone by, as the pumpkin juice had nearly gone dry. But the customers had died down since night had fallen.