8 - Strike

"Reid, why don't you come to my place. I'll make something," Hotch offered.

Spencer smiled, "That would be nice!"

Hotch grinned, and they got into the car.

They got to the house, Hotch allowing Reid to enter first. Hotch closed the door, hearing Reid gasp.

"Oh! You scared me! Hello!" Reid exclaimed kindly.

"Hi there! Dr. Spencer Reid? Right?" It was Haley. She sat up, walking over to Reid to shake his hand.

"Correct!"

Hotch had no emotion. He walked over to his ex-wife and said, "What are you doing here?"

"I came by to get some of the last of my things, Aaron," Haley answered coldly.

"Okay. I'm gonna make some quick sandwiches. Is that alright with you, Reid?" Hotch added politely, "You are welcome to stay for lunch, Haley."

Reid nodded, and Haley agreed to stay.

Hotch was in the kitchen preparing food. He heard Haley laughing in the living room. He walked over toward where Haley and Reid were.

They were on the couch. Reid must of made a joke causing Haley to laugh. Hotch sighed. He wished he could of done more for her. He then saw her place a hand on Reid's thigh as she was laughing excessively. Disgust washed over Hotch, and became heated and angry. Her laugh sounded evil.

"You're so funny, Spencer!" Haley giggled, her hand still on Reid's leg.

Hotch clenched his fists. He said to himself, "She called Reid by his first name?" Hotch stood still, staring down at them. He questioned himself, "Am I jealous? Am I jealous of Haley?"

Hotch hurried back into the kitchen and finished making sandwiches. He soon walked back into the living room and announced, "Lunch ready!"

Haley took her hand off Reid. She flashed a smile at Hotch.

They sat in silence as They ate. When they finished, Haley decided to head out.

Haley hugged Reid tightly, and whispered something in his ear with a smile. Reid got wide-eyed.

Hotch raised an eyebrow, getting irritated. He interrupted their embrace, quickly saying, "Bye, Haley."

Haley released Reid, and said, "Goodbye, Aaron. I'm glad I could actually communicate with you appropriately, not being hungover." She smirked and left.

Hotch growled as he tried not slamming the door behind her.

Worried spread quickly across Reid's face.

"I'm fine, it's still rocky between us, and her acting all peppy towards you pisses me off,"

Reid thought aloud, "What is going on between us?"

"I don't know, Reid," Hotch sighed, dropping his hands to his sides. "I don't know what to think."

Reid didn't say anything.

Hotch thought everything over. His voice started to rise, "You took advantage of me, Reid. Why? You weren't the one drunk. You weren't the one suffering marital problems!"

"I'm sorry, Hotch. I shouldn't have. I just...." Reid looked down at his shifting feet.

"What?" Hotch was filled with many emotions, that it was hard to control.

"Well, you're the one who kissed me in the elevator," Reid snapped back.

Hotch was surprised with Reid's sudden change of attitude. He sighed, "My apologies, Reid. You're right. I did." He didn't want to blow up on Reid. He didn't deserve that.

"It's okay. I need to go home, and get some stuff done at the apartment,"

"Oh, right. Okay, let me drive you home,"

Reid nodded, and the two headed out.

As Hotch was driving, he wondered out loud to Reid, "I felt like Haley wa-."

He was cut off quickly by Reid who screamed, "Hotch!!" as a truck swerved right, slamming into the drivers side of the SUV.

All blacked out.