15 - Heat

---- hope y'all enjoy this chapter! I added a couple crossovers! ----

On the flight to Florida, Reid kept his distance from the team, and only spoke when he was spoken to.

The day was just getting started when they entered into Healy Police Department.

"Welcome to Healy," a woman walked up to the team.

"Agent Aaron Hotchner, thank you for calling," Hotch extended his hand.

"Sheriff Jody Mills! We spoke on the phone," Mills shook Hotch's hand firmly, "I apologize for how hot it is in here! Our AC system is being stubborn. It's being repaired as we speak. I am hoping it'll be back and runnin' by tomorrow, but for now we only got as much fans set up as possible."

The sheriff lead the team to an empty conference room to set up their things.

Hotch saw Reid hiding behind bulletin board full of crime scene photos, rubbing his temples.

Reid said to himself, "Just keep your head down, and stay out of the teams' way. I'll make things worse by making a scene." He could feel his clothes sticking onto his skin from sweat. It was so hot with no air conditioning working. Reid started to set up a map when he saw Hotch coming towards him.

"How's your head?" Hotch inquired.

"I'm fine, okay?" Reid lied irritably. He felt terrible and his head ached like hell.

Hotch crossed his arms over his chest, "Oh, really? You look like you just ran a marathon." Reid looked pale.

"I do not! Your over exaggerating," Reid whipped the sweat off his forehead and exhaled deeply.
He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Reid?"

Reid felt very lightheaded all of a sudden. Lightly on his feet he said, "It's just so hot in here." Reid's eyes rolled to the back of his head.

"Spencer!" Hotch yelled as Reid suddenly buckled under his feet and crashed to the ground, hitting the side of his head on the table. "Somebody call the ambulance!"

The commotion caught Morgan's attention, and he quickly got someone to call.

Hotch took off his suit, and held it up to Reid's head, to stop the bleeding, "Spencer, can you hear me? Spencer," Hotch was at Reid's side. Worry rushed over him, and a wave a guilt came with it. He felt he should of been more strict with Reid and made him stay back in Quantico.
•• ••
"Where am I?"

Reid woke up surrounded by white walls and a drawn pale brown curtain. He was alone in a hospital bed.

He heard someone walk into the room.

"You're awake, Dr. Reid! You're in Healy Hospital. You fainted and hit your head during work. I'm Dr. Grey, I'll be readdressing your head wound."

Reid watched the woman take off his bandage on his head and replace it with a clean one. It was still morning.
"I blacked out. During work, my boss was asking me if I was okay. Where's my team?" Reid had a sudden recollection of what had happened.

The doctor assured Reid kindly, "They had to continue work, but I'm sure they'll come visit you when they can, okay?"

"I was just in the hospital a couple months ago. I've also being experiencing some headaches, do you think you guys can check that out since I'm here."