11 - Regret

Reid woke up, seeing Haley getting dressed. They had passed out on the couch together. Reid pulled a blanket over his exposed skin.

"Last night was amazing, Spencer," Haley grinned.

Reid was at a loss of words. He realized they had slept together. He felt miserable now. He thought out loud in panic, "Oh no. N-n-no no no. This can't. No," he looked at Haley, "We slept together."

"Yes?"

"This never happened, okay?" Reid said assertively.

Haley walked over to Spencer and placed a hand on his shoulder, "You were better than Aaron, you know?"

Reid grunted in disgust. He jerked away from her touch, and locked himself in his bathroom. Having an eidetic memory sucked when it came back to him what he had done with Hotch's ex wife. He had felt lost, and didn't know what to do. He was a wreck, and Haley was the only one who had comforted him shortly. Was it just because Haley was his boss's family in a way to where he felt like he had a resemblance? Spencer knew he could not of understood any of his feelings having been drunk.

Haley was about to leave when Reid came out.

"Haley, you realize I'm not a dolt. It was unfair of you to control me and take advantage of me,"

"I sensed you needed it with all that's been going on,"

"No, this isn't about what I needed, this is about what you needed," Reid said sternly. He felt he only needed Aaron back.

"I wanted it too, Reid. Aaron and I hadn't been sleeping together for almost six months before we divorced-,"

Reid was pissed, "You are a selfish-,"

"You shut your mouth. We both got what we needed, right? And like you said, 'this never happened'! So, shut up," Haley said with a forceful tone. They were now by the door facing each other.

"You got what you needed, and I never asked you to buy me a second drink. That was my decision to make! I wouldn't have been so drunk to have then been coaxed into having sex with you if you didn't give me a second!"

"You needed it, Spencer,"

"You aren't the one to determine that for me, Haley. But you did," Reid cocked his head at her as he stepped right in front of her. He looked down on her aggressively.

They were face to face when Haley finished, "I'm glad I did." She looked fiercely into Reid's eyes, then maneuvered around the tall doctor to get out the door.

Reid cursed as he slammed the door shut behind her.
•• ••
Not only the circumstances were hard on Dr. Reid, but the whole team. At the office, tasks were more demanding. Morgan was filling in Hotch's role in the team. Everyone was under strict orders beneath Strauss's eagle eyes.

"Before the truck hit us... you said you felt like Haley was- what?" Reid asked Hotch. Reid sighed. He was visiting Hotch before he had to get to the office. It had been a month and two weeks now since the accident. "The team and I can't function without you. It's a mess, and that killjoy Strauss!"

"Was...," a raspy, tired voice said.

Reid looked up. He saw Hotch's eyelids slowly opening up. He gasped, mouth dropping, "You're awake!" He smiled widely.

"I felt like Haley was hitting on you, and I'm not sure why," Hotch said with fatigue.

"You heard...?" Reid realized that his boss had heard everything he had said to him. Everything.

Hotch chuckled. He felt lightheaded, "I know how you feel."

"I shouldn't of. It hurt me seeing you in such a state. I-I felt like you were gone, and that the team would loose you. I was scared. The team will be so relieved you are awake!"

"Where am...?"

"Oh! What's your name? When's-,"

"Reid, I'm fine,"

"Answer the question,"

"Aaron,"

Reid sighed in relief, "Okay, sorry! Just making sure. Remember, in the car. A truck hit us, knocking you into a coma."

"Pain is a four, not bad," Hotch said positively.

"You're on anesthesia now, that's helping,"

A nurse got the doctor to check on the agent, and was glad with his patient's healthy state. The doctor told them Hotch would be able to leave in a few days, but had to lay off of work for a few weeks.

"How long was I out?" Hotch asked.

Reid replied, "Over a month. You should eat something, then rest."

"I've been resting for over a month! I should be back on my feet in no time!" Hotch was anxious to get back to work.

"No, you were in a car crash, and in a coma. You have to go easy,"

It was a blur, but Hotch wondered what Reid told him. He said to Reid, "I know how you feel about me."

"Yeah.... That was stupid of me," Reid remembered what he had told Hotch; how he felt. But sleeping with Haley was a horrible mistake. How will he get this feeling off his shoulders? He didn't know how to handle it. He thought fast, "Should Hotch know? Should I tell him? Will Haley open her mouth?"
----
Thanks for all your feedback!! C:
Long chapter, but...just needed Hotch to wake at this point. Don't know much on comas, so, sorry if anything's wrong. Hope you keep reading c: