17 - Results

---- was expecting more views on previous chapter, but here c: enjoy! ----

"Hey," Reid smiled, surprised, as Hotch peered through the doorframe of his room

"Hey," Reid smiled, surprised, as Hotch peered through the doorframe of his room. Dr. Grey was beginning to place the electrodes on Reid's scalp. Hotch's thick eyebrows were furrowed, which shaded his eyes that were filled with a mixture of concern and compassion. And when he walked in Reid's headache seemed to fade. He smiled wide, eyes glowing.

Dr. Grey looked up at the older and darker haired Agent who had wrinkles at the corner of his eyes as he smiled back. She grinned. Grey was so occupied watching the two FBI agents' chemistry, that she didn't even notice Derek Sheperd behind her.

He whispered behind her ear, "You look beautiful this morning."

Dr. Grey, surprised, blushed lightly, "Why, hello, Dr. Sheperd!"

Shepherd said amiably, "Good morning, everyone. I'm Dr. Sheperd. I'll be testing your friend, Mr...—?"

"He's my boss, Agent Aaron Hotchner," Reid replied to the doctor's question. Reid looked up at Hotch and said to him, "You're smile is so unique, it's radiant."

At first, Hotch looked apprehensive at the doctors, but then smiled even brighter at Reid. He no longer cared who was in the room. It was a start.
Extending a firm hand Hotch said cordially, "Nice to meet you, Dr.Sheperd." The two men shook hands, "And in here, I'm not your boss, Spencer."

"You too, Agent Hotchner. Once Dr. Grey is finished here, we will begin, okay?" Dr. Sheperd said.

Hotch nodded. He went to sit down by Spencer's side.

"I'm glad you came back so soon. Why is that?" Reid inquired, his face forming a cute frown. Hotch had corrected him, and the only friend Spencer knew Hotch had considered as a friend was Gideon. That made his stomach flutter.

Aaron chuckled softly at Spencer's facial expression, "The team will be fine today. Gideon's in charge. I'm here with you, Spencer."

"Thank you.., Aaron," Reid reached for Aaron's hand and intertwined his fingers with his. Although his head was in constant pain, when their hands touch, it sparked a warmth in Reid's hand that traveled throughout his entire body. The energy he felt was extraordinary, unexplainable. He sighed happily. When their hands joined each other, it reminded Spencer the way he felt on the elevator with Aaron, and how Aaron made him feel tranquil when he had felt frightened.

"When did these migraines begin again, Mr. Reid?" Dr. Sheperd inquired.

Reid grimaced, "Just about two months ago, out of no where." He closed his eyes, and laid his head back on his pillow.

Hotch frowned with sorrow glazing his profound eyes. He hated seeing Spencer suffering through this. He saw pain etched on his pale face.
He quickly thought back to when Reid started experiencing the headaches.

Aaron asked, "That was around the time when you took me out for a drink, Spencer? When I woke up there was a bottle of pills left out, were those left out for me?"

Reid, of course, remembered that morning and Hotch's hangover, "I get where you're going.... They were out for you." And for himself. And Hotch knew this. Reid noticed that his own hands were twitching nervously.

"Spencer," Hotch reprimanded, "Why didn't you tell me this was going on?"

"Everything that was going on with you and Haley, I didn't want my problems to become yours when you seemed to be already dealing with your own. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner, Hotch,"

"Spencer, it's okay. I just wish you had told me," Hotch squeezed Reid's hand tightly. Aaron's eyes looked down at their locked hands. He felt guilty he hadn't been there when Spencer needed someone. He had been alone, and knowing Reid must have felt pain throughout these past months must of been hard, especially with him all on his own. He was concerned for Spencer.

"Okay, you ready, Dr. Reid?" Dr. Grey said, hooking up wires to a machine. She noticed how trustworthy he found his boss and smiled knowingly.

"Mmhm," Reid replied.

•• ••

Dr. Grey was just finishing talking to Hotch about the results of the EEG.

"This migraine he is having should go away soon, at the most, in a day or two. Apparently this episode has been happening for three days now.
He's not on any pain meds. So, even though he doesn't appear to be in pain, he is hiding it pretty well...," Dr. Grey told Hotch, "when you're around...."

Hotch shook his head in shame, "I didn't know he's been dealing with these intense headaches, and for that long. I should of known...." Hotch sighed putting both hands on his hips, "Yeah, he looks like hell. He was like this when he showed for work this morning, thank you, Dr. Grey for everything."

Dr. Grey smiled, "Seems like he's really got a thing for you. He looks so happy when you're in the room with him. Sorry, I didn't mean to pry! Why don't we let Dr. Reid know his results!"

Hotch just smiled at the remark Dr. Grey said about him and Spencer as he followed the doctor back into Reid's room.

"Is there some neurological problem that explains my condition?" Reid asked right as Dr. Grey walked in.

"...An EEG wouldn't of showed any mental illnesses. So, no, the results were inconclusive in that case. And the EEG did not show anything malignant. You're good to go!"

Spencer did not speak. He sat still in his hospital bed.

"Spencer, this is good news," Aaron spoke softly.

Reid sighed, "I was just really hopeful this would give me an explanation...."

"You knew what to expect from the EEG," Aaron was disappointed Spencer wasn't grateful to hear the news, but he saw how hard all this was for Spencer.

"Yes, it was unlikely to give you the results you expected. I'm sorry, Reid," Dr. Grey added.

Deep down, Reid felt this terrible sensation inside. The feeling of anguish fired up in his chest. It was painful to speak up, "No. You are my doctor!" Reid rasped. He gulped down the feeling of something unreal blocking in his airway, "I needed news to tell me what is wrong with me, something, something! I needed a solution to all this!"

Hotch's eyes widened and his right brow rose up in alarm, "Spencer! She did what you asked for, and gave all the answers she has available!" His voice started to get louder, "I'm sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for here. I know you wanted something to explain your discomfort, but that doesn't mean you should blame your doctor."

Dr. Grey looked awkwardly down at her feet.

"I'm sincerely sorry," Reid apologized genuinely.

"It's okay," she smiled, "I just need you to sign off on the discharge papers, and then you are free to leave." She handed the papers to him, then left Hotch and Reid alone.

"Sorry, Hot— Aaron, I was out of line there. Ugh!" Reid buried his face in his hands.

Hotch cocked his head, walked over to Spencer, and took his hands away from his face. They sat in silence.
-----
Long chapter, but I hope you all enjoyed it! Please feel free to comment your thoughts on this chapter ! :)