015

➳༻❀✿❀༺➳

Beatrice stares at the screen, her heart bursting. Did Harry actually like her? Had he forgiven her? Did he actually consider her an aunt?

James was full on glaring at the screen, not happy.

Lily had jealousy bursting in her, hating for the fact that Beatrice was being seen as Harry's replacement mother.

Euphemia clenched her jaw.

Fleamont frowns.

Gilderoy Lockhart came slowly into view, seated at a table surrounded by large pictures of his own face, all winking and flashing dazzlingly white teeth at the crowd. The real Lockhart was wearing robes of forget-me-not blue that exactly matched his eyes; his pointed wizard's hat was set at a jaunty angle on his wavy hair.

A short, irritable-looking man was dancing around taking photographs with a large black camera that emitted puffs of purple smoke with every blinding flash.

"Out of the way, there," he snarled at Ron, moving back to get a better shot. "This is for the Daily Prophet--"

"Hey!" James yelps

Sirius blinks in surprise

"Big deal," said Ron, rubbing his foot where the photographer had stepped on it.

Everyone scowls.

"I'm not gonna like him," Dorcus snorts.

Lexi hums, silently agreeing with her.

Gilderoy Lockhart heard him. He looked up. He saw Ron - and then he saw Harry. He stared. Then he leapt to his feet and positively shouted, "It can't be Harry Potter?"

The crowd parted, whispering excitedly; Lockhart dived forward, seized Harry's arm, and pulled him to the front. The crowd burst into applause. Harry's face burned as Lockhart shook his hand for the photographer, who was clicking away madly, wafting thick smoke over the Weasleys.

"HEY!" James roared

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HIM!" Lily screams in anger.

Sirius grunts. "That asshole."

Remus frowns, shaking his head as he muttered something under his breath.

"Nice big smile, Harry," said Lockhart, through his own gleaming teeth. "Together, you and I are worth the front page."

"No, only him." Dorcus snorts.

Marlene and Mary nod.

When he finally let go of Harry's hand, Harry could hardly feel his fingers. He tried to sidle back over to the Weasleys, but Lockhart threw an arm around his shoulders and clamped him tightly to his side.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he said loudly, waving for quiet. "What an extraordinary moment this is! The perfect moment for me to make a little announcement I've been sitting on for some time!"