♕ New Year Oneshot 🂡

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I made this one-shot not only for New Years, but also for the 40k+ reads I got on my book!

Thank you so much!

I'll stop writing now, I know everything is eager for any chapters, ha!

Let's get on with the show!

Also, this is before the story of Calm Down. It's like a prequel of Beatrice's story and then it shows Aranya's timeline. So like, two parts. Aranya's part is technically not in the story, it's just something I made for the one-shot.

Anyway, happy reading.

╙┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╜

9:28 PM

"Ugh! This is so boring!"

Beatrice looks up from where she was kneeling on the ground, sat in front of the coffee table in the main foyer of Dumbledore Manor. Her nimble hands were putting down the peppermint hot chocolate she had made due to the cold weather outside.

Unfortunately, it seemed as if the weather wouldn't get warmer and would instead do the opposite. It was storming outside with icy snow, the clouds covering the whole sky and snowflakes falling harshly.

Not that Beatrice minded, she loves the snow. She always has, it was different then Spring and Summer, different then Winter. Maybe because she didn't have to face her disappointed parents during Christmas and New Years. She would always stay at Hogwarts, all alone.

One time, during her third year, Lexi stayed with her. Lexi had been a first year and didn't want her to spend Christmas and New Years all alone. But every other year, Beatrice had persuaded the girl to go home to spend the holidays with her family.

Beatrice had spent one Christmas with the Monroes, and she honestly loved it. They were super kind, without the family drama, but she didn't want to interfere. Her own family would spend all their time with James.

She also knew that Sirius, Remus and his parents along with Peter would also spend the holidays with her family. She was happy for James, but that just made it seem more lonely because she wasn't invited to be with her own family.

Before Hogwarts, she and James used to spend Christmas Morning under the tree. After their parents went to sleep the night before, they would sneak downstairs and sleep beside the tree together, cuddled up with each other.