𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒..

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓
| Location|
↡↡
ᴅᴇᴛʀᴏɪᴛ ᴍɪᴄʜɪɢᴀɴ

Karen quickly went in front of Jacky's house with Mani on her hip, she gently knocked on the door.

She stood there for a minute until she heard footsteps, "is that auntie's baby!" Dorinda reached her arms out for mani, Karen carefully handed her over to Dorinda.

As they stepped into Jacky's house, Dorinda played around with Mani for a few before putting her down for a nap.

"Okay so what's going on? you still haven't heard from Sebastian?" Jacky asked

"No, i'm starting to get worried Jacky i don't want Mani to think her dad left again" i sigh as i rubbed my head.

"Karen don't think that way, i'm pretty sure Sebastian didn't go to far" Dorinda added as she went into the fridge.

Karen's phone rung as she continued talking to her sisters, Sebastian's name flashed across the screen.

"H-hello?" Karen answered "Why you and Mani not at the house? y'all good?" Sebastian asked

Karen let out a breath of relief "We're at Jacky's, i was wondering where you were" Karen said

"I was out with Don handling sum, you want me to come get y'all?" Sebastian quickly changed the subject.

"U-Uh yeah sure" Karen shrugged her shoulders, she noticed Sebastian's energy was off. but she decided to brush it off.

Hanging up the phone, Dorinda and Jacky ran over to Karen "So?" Dorinda looked over at Karen.

"He said he was handling something with Don, but i doubt that" Karen shook her head.

"What was so important that he couldn't answer the phone?" Jacky rolled her eyes

"I'm not sure, but best believe im gonna find out. he's gonna come get us now" Karen gently picked up Mani from Jacky's bedroom and laid mani's head on her shoulder.

"Let us know how everything goes sis, be safe" Dorinda hugged Karen and kissed mani's little forehead. Jacky did the same after

Karen recieved a text from Sebastian letting her know he was outside, she quickly went to the car buckling Mani in her carseat.

Sebastian left a peck on Karen's cheek as she sat in the passenger seat, the car ride was silent until they made it into the house.

"So you gonna tell me what happened today or continue to lie?" Karen looked over at Sebastian

Sebastian huffed in frustration "We went over to Nia's house since we found out she was in detroit, Don had a plan to rob her but i panicked and shot Santana" Sebastian explained

"Sebastian what were you thinking? this shit just gone bring you deeper into the streets, you gotta think about Mani" Karen rolled her eyes.

"Man you think i wanted to do that shit? it just happened Karen, i just started thinking about how he almost killed me" Sebastian's tone got louder.

"I understand that he was the one who shot you Sebastian, but we have a child now. you cannot go out there just living ruthless like you did when you were younger. If you leave Mani again i'm afraid she's not going to be okay" Karen cried

Sebastian pulled her into a hug holding her tightly with his arms around her waist "I'm not leaving y'all again, that shit dead.. imma get out this shit just for y'all" Sebastian told Karen

"Don't leave when its too late Sebastian" Karen wiped her tears while walking away to her bedroom.

Sebastian knew Karen was afraid that he'll leave again but this time for good , which he didn't want her to think. He wanted to get out of everything just like she wanted him to. Sebastian was finally starting  to realize he wasn't made for this type of lifestyle.

Before heading to bed he went to Mani's bedroom leaving a kiss on her cheek, before he could leave the room Mani sat up with a smile on her face.

"Daddy you lay with me please?" She asked, Sebastian's heart melted hearing her little words.
"of course princess, i'll lay with you" he replied

Mani and Karen was the only thing keeping him alive. they were all he needed.

He hopped into Mani's bed as she laid her small head onto his chest. they slowly fell asleep watching the movie Karen had put on for Mani.

Hey everyone! i know y'all been wanting a "When love lasts" chapter for a while, heres just a little fill in chapter for right now. next chapter definitely will be longer!

Thoughts on Karens reaction?

Did Sebastian do the right thing?

Do we think Nia and Sebastian's journey is officially done?

Lmk your thoughts! i love hearing you guys feedback