*:・゚✧Chapter 2. [Lakshya]*:・゚✧

"Why are you leaving me?" I asked Neha, she is my love, my everything. I even fought with my parents to marry her, but now she is leaving me.

"I am done with you, Lakshya. You have become a headache, and your parents are pain in the ass." Neha shouted at my face.

"Don't you dare say a word against them, whatever they did, they are still my parents." I shouted back. It was like slowly Neha was revealing who she really was, and my parents saw that before me.

"Shut up, Lakshya, we are done." She said, gesturing me to the door.

"Yes, we are." I said and stepped out of her apartment with a heavy and broken heart. This was the woman I spent last two years loving.

I sent an urgent message to my brother, Harsh. He might be five years younger than me, but he understands me in a way I never could decipher.

I was sitting on the bar stool half drunk at the point when my brother and best friend arrived, Harsh and Priyank.

"What the fuck happened?" Priyank asked sitting down beside me.

"Neha broke up with me." I replied.

"Wait, why? Did you refuse to buy her the new Gucci bag?" Priyank asked and high fived Harsh, laughing.

"Ha ha, very funny. She said I have become a headache." I said with a dry tone.

"Good for you, I never liked that woman." Harsh said with a disgusting face.

"Yeah, Lakshya, it's for the best only." Priyank said, patting my back.

"It means that now you will have to marry and I will get a Bhabhi." Harsh said, getting excited.

"No." Was my stern reply. I had planned my wedding and happily ever after with one and only and now she dumped me. Wow, what a heroic thing is.

"Nahh, Baba and Maa think otherwise." Harsh said, grinning. Maa lets him in every secret. That's not fair.

"What do you know?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him, but he just whistled.

"Okay, go home. You have work tomorrow." Priyank said in a clipped tone.

"Means, you got work now but can't leave him here wasted. Got it." Harsh said and helped me to stand up.

"Such a bright child you are." Priyank said, giving him a fake smile and walking out with the cell attached to his ear.

We reached home only to be greeted by Maa and Baba, who were sitting in the living room....at 1 am?!

They didn't even greet us and started firing questions straight ahead.

"What happened? Why is he so dead drunk?" Maa asked, coming to me.

"I am fineeee Maaa." I said, whole trying to stand straight but failed.

"He got dumped." Harsh replied in a heartbeat, Mumma's boy. I gave him a side eye, but he just shrugged.

"And now he will do as we say." Baba said, leveling me with a look that said," Do you dare?" So, I bent my head down.

"Perfect, so now he will marry my best friend's daughter." Maa said in a happy tone, and Harsh matched her energy.

Wow, this looks like they are celebrating at my funeral. Harsh helped me to my room, and then I kicked him out, earning some strong obscenities, but who cares.

I sat on the bed, numb and pathetic. Yes, that was the feeling that was lingering in my chest right now, pathetic and used.

I don't know how I fell asleep, but I woke up in the same attire from yesterday, indicating that I haven't showered before bed. I let my feelings slide and stood in the shower, rethinking my life decisions. I am not gonna be fucking played by any other girl anymore.

I descended the stairs to see my parents in a heavy debate with Chacha and Chachi while Riya and Harsh are in another world altogether watching something on the television.

"Ah, there you are." My Chacha said approaching me. He is the joyful person of the household, and Riya has gotten her personality wholly from Chachu.

"Yes, what happened?" I asked, strapping my watch on my wrist.

"Nothing, you are to accompany us to Agrawal's house in the evening." Papa said, sitting down at the table of the breakfast.

"Okay, but why?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

"We are gonna fix your marriage." Maa spoke from beside me while serving Papa and Chacha.

I was quiet, and they mistook it as a yes because Chachi and Maa were overjoyed when I didn't answer for a whole five minutes before I spoke up.

"I am not going." I said, sipping my coffee.

"Can we know why?" Papa asked in the same tone.

"Just I am not read yet." I said, shrugging.

"Well, we are going anyway." Papa said in the no shit final tone.

"I will not." I said, standing up and wiping my mouth. I made my way to the door to depart for my office when my father shouted from behind.

"We allowed you to marry that dumbhead girl when all she wanted was favors and money for you, but what did she do. She broke up with you at the end. So, now Mr. Lakshya Mehra, you are going to marry the girl we chose for you." He said, anger visible in his eyes and his hands shivering.

I didn't want to anger him further because he had some health complications, which I don't wanna hype it anymore. So, I just gave a nod and went out from the house.

I went to my office and started working after locking all the things and emotions that can overwhelm me in any way. Because work comes first, and yeah, Neha, too hated it, but work comes first.

"I don't wanna marry. Please God, help me pleaseee." I muttered before starting with the meetings lined up for the day.

My phone was bombed with the calls of Riya and Harsh when the clock ticked 6 in the evening.

"Hello." I said in the phone.

"Bhaiya Bhaiya Bhaiya." Riya chanted on the phone.

"Yes, Riya?" I asked.

"Come home fast, Chacha is fuming with anger, and Bhai is handling him. Pleaseeee." She said.

"I am coming. Don't worry, dear sister." I said qnd cut the call, grabbing my coat and keys of my car.

Let's head to the funeral of yourself, Mr. Lakshya Mehra.

Helloooooooooo dear Nixiess! This is next chapter and like it and tell and me in the comments too, what was your favorite dialogue and scene. I am waiting to hear from you all. And, yeah tell if you guys are liking their characters so far, because I think some feedback would be good.

Byeeeeee, take care and be happpyyyyyyy.😁❤️