*:・゚✧Chapter 24. [Lakshya]*:・゚✧

She is a black cat, under that golden retriever personality, who got deadly claws and can scratch the hell out of you if needed.

"I am really sorry, you had to deal with that shit of a person. Aneesh always flips him off, that's why I called him, really sorry." She said looking towards me, I was looking ahead but could feel her eyes on me.

"Are you ashamed or afraid that I showed up?" I asked eyeing her, as she settled in her seat with a deep breathe.

"Neither, I am happy." She spoke so gently, I might have missed it, if it weren't so quite in here.

"So, you are happy huh?" I asked with a slight smile, and she nodded, hair falling on her face. I grabbed her chin and made her look at me.

"Words, kitten. I need words." I said gently removing her hair from her face. Her brown eyes wide and staring at me, filled with some emotion, which I wasn't able to decipher.

She let out a soft okay, and sank further into her seat, and I chuckled.

"Achhaa, Mumma wanted to ask me select the color scheme and decorations for the wedding." I said while reversing the car.

"Mumma?" She asked facing me confused again.

"Your mother. You call her Mumma na, then she is my Mumma too."  I said and drove out the car from the gate, nodding at the security agent stationed.

"Oh okiee. I have always wanted a pastel baby pink themed wedding, though now I know that that won't be happening." She said hugging her knees, her heels were removed and settled on the carpeted floor of my Mercedes.

"Why not? If you want that, then it's final." I said and heard her gasp a little, I was aware of every tiny action of her's and then slowly a big grin formed on her face.

"Really?" She asked getting excited like a small child.

"Yeah, and tell about the decorations too." I said chuckling a little.

"Okayy, so we will have a beach side wedding, with white rosses and pink lilies in decoration. And then there will a really good dj, mind it, my friends are crazy for dances and music. We will have tons of photos at sunset, it is gonna look so so goood." She kept speaking and I just leaned on the seat to listen to her, car parked outside McDonald's because she likes it, and I am hundred percent sure that she hasn't eaten anything after breakfast.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked with a pout.

"Wait you didn't like the mehndi part na, I knew it would be too much -" She started speaking again lost in her thoughts, her hands on my arm, giving my goosebumps. She stopped abruptly when I held her tiny hands into my giant ones.

"I am happy with whatever you like." I said and she took a deep breathe before flashing me her million dollar smile.

"Now, before I faint from your smile, shall we head inside?" I asked, and she blushed again before looking at the McDonald's and got out squealing like a child.

"How did you know?" She asked sliding her hand in mine this time, and I was a little taken aback, but was quite satisfied that she is now that much comfortable with me.

"Aneesh." I said with a little embarrassment, and I guess she sensed it.

"Koi na, I will tell you everything from now on, you don't have to ask that idiot." She said happily dragging me inside, but I knew how much that statement elevated me. I was seriously grinning like a fool, when I saw my reflection in a mirror that we passed. This is like the first time I am grinning like after my 21st birthday, and I am almost 29 now.

"What do you wanna eat?" She asked.

"Hey, that is my line. But whatever you want to." I said, she laughed and ordered for her. I had to hold both her hands captive so that I could pay, she wasn't letting me pay.

"I can pay for my food." She said with a huff sitting down.

"I know you can, but it doesn't mean you should always." I said sitting in front of her.

"But on serious note Lakshya, are you truly happy na?" She asked me suddenly.

"Yeah, but why do you ask?" I asked her, pocketing my purse.

"Um...Harsh kind of told me about Neha." She said hesitatingly.

"Yeah that, I have accepted my fate with her's was that and my future is you. I don't honestly know if I am above her or not, and I don't wanna think about that all now too." I said.

"Areey it's fine, we will get through it together." She said and held my hands over the table, but before I could react, the order was called and she dashed to the counter. My little hungry kitten.

We spend almost 2 hours after McD, driving through city, star gazing and talking, and honestly, it felt more refreshing than ever. We talked about pets, family, childhood and some school stuff as we were in same school. I remember her every competition, every certificate she received in school, her favorite spots of lunch, I know it all. But she doesn't need to know that now, or else I am gonna look like a potential stalker.

She has always been more than Maa's bestfriend's daughter.

Helooooo my dear pretyyy Nixies!! I hope you all are doing good and well. Here's the new chapter, be sure to like and comment tonssssss under it. I will be watching you all😉
I am kind of skipping the last test, hence got time to write a chapter, enjoyyyyy!!!!
See yaaa, take careee and love you allll.
Love, Nyxie