Chapter 2: Edge of the Seat

Everyone in the gym is in a state of shock, still and silent for a few minutes until a trample of footsteps from outside loudend and everyone was shaken back to reality. When everyone got to the gym, we all gathered into a large circle, well everyone except Josh. Everyone was still in shock from what happened.

"Well, who do we think is guilty?" Yelled Elliot next to me. I turned to him.

"We can't just be like, 'who is guilty' we have to get out evidence first before we start to make assumptions."

He huffed then looked in the center of the circle at the bloody Joshua.

"Well then let's go, I, Olivia, Norah, Owen, and Jazzlin will investigate the gym. In the meantime the boys set up tables and chairs for us to discuss, the rest investigate surrounding areas, and uncover our whereabouts after, from around..." Jill turned her head to look at the large clock on the wall. "30 minutes ago."

I nodded and slowly moved to Josh on the ground. Small chatter and Jill's voice instructing others behind me was all that I heard.

"Well while we are here, does anyone want a cookie? They were for Josh's show, but I guess we won't be needing them," Elliott said gloomily.

"Yeah, Elliott, I think now is not the time for cookies." Lilly, who was silent until now, spoke. Elliott apologized and put the tray of cookies down and helped gather the chairs to the middle.

A couple minutes passed, until someone spoke up.

"I found a cowboy belt buried under Josh." Jill mentioned, as I turned my head to look at Owen.

Owen gulps loud and looks around the room while everyone else stops what they're doing and starts staring at him.

"I swear on my life I didn't do it. Honest." He raised his hand up, and dropped the bucket with dried glue. And immediately picks it and places it to his left.

"Mhmm. You dumped me. I don't trust you."

Jill said that with distrust in her words. Lilly patted her shoulder and moved her to her seat.

"Anyways, why would Owen use glue? I only know one person who would use glue, Norah." I explained, while tossing a wet napkin in the trash.

Everyone looked towards Norah.

"W-what, don't just assume that it was me! Anyone has access to glue, you know." Norah stuttered her words out, putting suspicion on her name. Norah tried to get up out of her chair, but she was "glued" to her seat.

Everyone took their seats, but it seems as though we're back on day one. Glares were thrown and tossed everywhere. Heavy tension and flowing assumptions flying everywhere.

"Okay guys, let's calm down and discuss what we found." Jill, the only who seemed to still have her senses, stated,

"Yeah, glaring at each other won't tell us who the culprit is." Jazzlin followed, earning a couple eye rolls.

"Ok, umm-" Finn started but a loud pop from the podium surfaced. Monokuma standing in the middle, excited for the "Class Trial".

"Welcome everyone to your first ever class trial! Where everyone discusses and argues about who the culprit is." He paused and took a breath. "If you guess correctly then the culprit shall be punished, but if you guess incorrectly everyone but the culprit is executed, refusal to vote ends in your death so you must vote!"

"Any questions? No? Then let's begin!!!

"Ok investigation team, what did you guys find?" Finn asked.

I stared at him and was trying to think of all the stuff I found but I just couldn't get my mouth to open.