Working Hard

×××3rd Person POV×××

Upon entering Muffet's Diner the atmosphere immediantly changed. It was just as warm and welcoming as the first time (Y/n) walked in. It put her abit at ease and reassured her that maybe today was just an off day.
Nothing more...
Sans allowed the spider on his shoulder to crawl onto the wall, most likely going back into the kitchen.

Familar faces were scattered throughout the Diner, most recognizable being Papyrus slumped over the bar with a bottle of honey in his hand.

Other than (Y/n) recognizing Payrus, Sans also had a few monsters he knew. Infact, the moment he had walked in a group of royal guards would gasp at his presence. They slowly began to rush over to Sans, something he's never seen before.

"Sans! You're alright!"

"Thank goodness you're alive!"

"Where the hell have you been?!"

"Yeah! You never miss work!"

"Where's Captain Alphys? Is she alright?!"

They bombarded him with questions, at first concerning him, his work performance and eventually asking about Alphys. They seemed to ignore the human's existence as they were more worried about the two monsters and why both of them went missing for a week and a half.

The skeleton's eyes would slowly widen, never having this many people care about him before.
It felt really good to know they had some concern over his absence.

He simply smiled and reassured them that he was alright.

"No need to worry, comrades! The Magnificent Sans is perfectly fine and able to defend!"

His voice was  alot more clear and increased abit in volume when talking to the other royal guards. Which to
(Y/n)'s surprise seemed to just be the way Royal Guards talked to eachother.

(Y/n)'s attention was suddenly taken away by Muffet's presence.

"Oh Deary~~!"

She would sing, waving at her from across the Diner before beginning to make her way toward the human. The clicks of her short heels were memorizing and almost hypnotic. The spider's color scheme, outfit, and cheery expedition was enough to bring a flow of serotonin to (Y/n)'s noggin.

"You ready for some good ol' fashion 'fun'? I have a whole list of things for you to do! FuFuFuFu!!"

She announced, laughing afterwards. (Y/n) would laugh along with her quietly.

"Ofcourse! I promise to work very hard!"

She responded, a look of determination present on her face.

"But what about the human?"

"Did Captain Alphys see them? Did she fight them?"

"Are they safe to be around?"

Not only did The Royal Guards ignore her presence but they were talking about her like she wasn't even there.
Muffet would notice (Y/n)'s face slowly change from happy to distress.

"C'mon Deary, I'll show ya the kitchen!"

She quickly stated, hooking (Y/n) by the arm, her extra limbs guiding her away from The Royal Guard's conversation.

Sans immediantly noticed the distance between him and (Y/n) slowly increasing, eyebags would form under his eyes as he's forced to watch her walk away from him with another monster.
He knew he could trust Muffet.
He knew Muffet wasn't interested.
He knew they weren't leaving the building.
So why did he feel so agitated and uncomfortable?