Else Where

While Sans ran his errand there was a conversation taken place elsewhere.

Papyrus was relaxing on the couch watching T.V. with (Y/n).
This time they continued to watch the anime Undyne sent them.
(Y/n) let out a shiver as she watched the anime girl continue to use gym equipment to completely massacre the P.E. class.

" Hehe, too much? "

Papyrus asked chuckling.
Your eye twitched abit, watching blood splatter everywhere.

" It's uhhh... darker than I expected it to be...! "

You confessed, flinching at every act of violence.

" Sans was enjoying this show. You should've seen him last night! He was completely immersed in it. I could've mistaken him for a couch potato if I didn't know him so well! "

Papyrus exclaimed, sitting up and reaching for the pocket in his cargo shorts.

" He-? Wow! I don't think I've ever seen Sans sit on the couch before! "

You responded, half-jokingly.
Looking back at the screen, the girl is kissing her ' love '.
It made you feel uncomfortable, but you had to admit the plot wasn't completely bad.

" How anyone can fall in love with a murderer is beyond me... "

You say, your eyes not leaving the screen.

" Not beyond, below. "

He paused.

" I really am sorry for assuming you were...you know... "

He lit his cigarette up with magic.

You pull your knees into your chest hugging them.

" Hmm...It's okay. I understand why you feel that way towards my kind... "

You pierced your lips together, feeling a bit too passive about the situation.
He took a hit from his cigarette.

" No, it's not okay. Sans is right. I should've kept my thoughts to myself..."

He exhaled, the smoke seeping out of his teeth while talking.
You smiled to yourself, looking at him without turning your head.

Papyrus was focused on the television but you knew he wasn't watching it.
Knowing this gave you the realization that monsters and humans weren't completely different.

" So what do you think of me now? "

His eyes visibly widened at the question. He sat up, scratching the back of his skull.

" W-well -ahem- I think you are Sans' friend. A good one. "

He looked away.
Your smirk scooting closer to him.

" Is that all~? "

You tease.

He rolled his eyes while smirking. He raised a hand to push you over.

You giggled at the light orange dusting on his cheeks.

" Ahem... "

He cleared his throat, trying to push down any butterflies he felt in his stomach.

" I already know I gotta go to work tomorrow, guessing Sans only let me off the hook to watch over you... "

He finish his cigarette, putting it out in an ash tray.

" Watch over me? What is this? A prison? "

You joked, earning a laugh from the tall skeleton.

" Nyehehehe, that's ironic. Considering stepping foot in waterfall is like a death sentance. "

He chimed, closing his eyes.

" Death sentance? "

You tilted your head.

" Right-o-rooni. Alphys will have you dead before ya know it. She's Captain of the royal guard and she wants to find a human REAL bad to get us out of this hell hole. "

You listened to the taller skeleton, any humor that was in his voice before was extracted from him. He wasn't joking or joshing you.

" So...why isn't Sans bringing me in...? I thought he was in the royal guard too- "

He interrupted you before you can say another word.

" HE IS. But it appears he has taken a liking to you. It may seem like nothing now but,... my brother decided to spare you because of your kindness... "

He sat up, looking at you. Looking for a reaction.
Your mouth agape, your eyes wide open.
You didn't think about it like that, did you?
He could've turned you in at any given time. Your friendship was more valuable to him than all the fans, respect and praise he deserves.

" I- I should thank him...when he gets back... "

You thought aloud. You looked longingly out the window, seeing the red rabbit you met with earlier walking past the skelebro's house.

Papyrus glanced at you, studying your face. It gave him hope that humans and monsters could live in harmony.
All it takes is the right human and monster to create everlasting peace between the races.
He knew deep down inside that monster was not him.

" Welp! I'm off to bed. I'm feeling pretty BONE-tired! "

He winked at you.
You scoffed at his dumb pun.

" Goodnight Papy... "

You smiled at him before facing back at the window, watching the snow fall.

" G'night. "

And with that, he teleported into his room.

You looked back and smiled at the place Papyrus was standing right before going. He was a great friend, honestly.
But so was Sans. He wouldn't hurt a human, even if it met freeing him and his people. All around an innocent soul who felt all life deserved a chance to live.

" My blueberry... "

You hummed to yourself, walking up the stairs and sleeping on the floor.