Talking with Goat Dad

"So....If I leave....They'll kill me?"

You asked bags forming under your eyes, hoping to go home but according to what Asgore is telling you... It seems like you should just give up.

"W-well....That's usually what happens...but you know y-you're...."

Asgore said clearing his throat. You gazed into your tea cup while he spoke.

"You're a girl so..."

You picked your head up to look at them. Confusion filled your eyes. What did your gender have anything to do with this?

He sighed, hearing his teacup clink against his tea plate.

"You're the first woman human to be down here. I don't know if they'll go easy on you or if they wouldn't care..."

He sighed before continuing.

"The last time a human came down here the monsters were... blood hungry. Barely giving him a chance to live but, that was years ago...."

He said rubbing his chin, the rustle of his beard was noticeably loud. It made you realize how dark and silent the room had gotten since the begining of the conversation.

"As-....dad, I'm going to bed..."

You said putting your dish away and walking to your bedroom.

"Goodnight, My child."

He said....rather weirdly. You closed the door as you entered your room, You plopped  down on your bed, getting comfortable before drifting off to sleep.
At first you thought you were asleep... but you were very much still conscious of your surroundings. This was odd. You couldn't open your eyes or even move.
Your body felt warm yet numb. The only thing you were able to do was pucker your nose It felt odd.
Trying to snore yourself awake. It wasn't long before you heard heavy footsteps walk past your door, waiting for another door to open and close.
The moment you heard Asgore's door lock in place your eyes sprang open. Quickly and quietly you began to Put on your shoes and rushing out of your bed. You peeked outside of your room, into the hallway. You slowly made your way into the hall, begining to walk down the stairs. You held your own hands, looking at the door that led to Snowdin. You took a deep breath, stepping foward before being stopped by a furry hand on your shoulder you jolted out of their grip, turning around to see Asgore there.

" AAH! "

You scream, putting a hand over your pounding heart.

" (Y/n). You're supposed to be in bed! "

He scolded.
You flinched at his response.
Your eyes landed on the door behind you.

"Is...is this the door to get out of The Ruins?"

You asked him.  He sighed.

"Yes. I decided to destroy it....Go back to bed My Child."

It sounded like a command rather than a request.

You ignored him, pressing on about leaving, trying to convince him that you were strong enough.
His eyebrows furrowed, frustrated with your ~determination~.

" FINE. PROVE TO ME THAT YOU'RE READY! "

He roared choosing to see if you're strong enough to face the monsters who WILL try to kill you.

The two of you enganged in battle. You got a few burns from trying to dodge  his attacks. You lost alot of your HP but you weren't giving up that easily.

He attacked.

You Chose to Spare.

He attacked again.

You chose to Spare him again.

This pattern went on for a couple of times, not a word from the two of you until he broke the silence.

"Fight or run away!"

He yelled aiming another attack at you. You began to dodge them with ease, his attacks becoming less aggressive with each turn. Still, you continued to spare, seeing the distress on his face grow every time you did. Eventually, his attacks weren't even aiming at you. You spared again.

He stopped...

"I know you want to go home but...but please...go upstairs now.
I promise I will take care of you here.
I know we do not have much but, We could have a good life here... Why must you make this so difficult?"

He asked breathlessly. You remained silent thinking of an answer that would satisfy him, but not coming up with anything. He chuckled,his deep voice filling the room.

"Pathetic isn't it? I can't save a single child."

He said frowning, tears clouding up his  vision.

The fight ends here.

You step towards him, placing a hand on his. He shook his head.

"NO. I understand. You would just be unhappy trapped here. The RUINS are very small once you get used to them. It would not be right for you to grow up in a place like this.

My expectations...

My loneliness...

My fear...

For you, my child. I will put them aside. If you truly wish to leave the RUINS... I will not stop you..."

He kneeled down and gave you a hug. You hugged back, your eyes being filled with tears.

"However if you leave, You may never come back....I hope you understand...."

He finished with a quick farwell and just like that he was gone...
You opened the door to exit the ruins. Tiny tears sliding down your cheeks as you walked down the long purple hallway, the floor fading more as you walked down, leaving the RUINS for good. You enter a dark room seeing another door coated with frost. You furrowed your eyes with determination, not allowing yourself to look back. You ran past the small patch of grass and opened the old heavy door, immediantly greeted with a gust of cold air.