chapter 24

Luna

5 days later...

"They got together in the end..." I cry as I finish the third movie for the day. A drama. I cry because of Damon and I, but the movie just "spices" it up a little. It's making me cry. A little. My break up is making me cry more. Way more.

It's been five days, and I haven't left the house ever since that night. I skipped school today, and yesterday, and the day before, and the day... yeah you got the point. I don't feel like going. I want to stay inside my blanket, crying about my life and what an asshat I am. What an idiot I am. Couldn't I have come with something better? Ugh, I hate me.

I cry more at the thought of that.

"Moonshine?" my mom knocks and gets in the room, staring at me with a concerning look on her face, and I quickly wipe away some tears.

"Josh and Mariah are here..." she informs me and I groan, telling her I don't want to see anyone, actually yell, so that they'll hear me too.

"Luna..." she starts to say but she doesn't finish, since Mariah barges inside, Josh behind and they catch her off guard, me too to be honest.

"Don't you dare cry, you bitch!" Josh says and my eyes widen, same as my mom's but she quickly leaves the room.

I cry more and sit up on the bed, wrapping the blanket around my body like a burrito.

"My brother's a mess, and you're crying? You broke up with him and you're crying?" he yells at me but I deserve it.

"I..." I can't form words. All I do is cry more.

Josh scoffs and opens his mouth to yell at me more but Mariah stops him, telling him that he doesn't know what he's talking about. My eyes widen.

"Mariah. Stop." I threaten her but she doesn't stop. Instead, she tells him everything. Great.

I sniff and meet Josh's gaze. His eyes soften as he looks at me and he comes to sit next to me, but I scold him for sitting with his outside clothes on my bed and he gets up. Only Damon was allowed to sit with his outside clothes, as much as I didn't like that. He's Damon. I cry again at the thought.

"I didn't know..." he says and I nod, offering him some chocolate which he kindly takes.

"He's so going to yell at mom when he finds out." my eyes widen. And I quickly get up as soon as I see him taking out his phone and dialing Damon's number.

"Josh?" "No!!" both Damon's and my voice are heard and my breath hitches as I hear his voice, even after 5 days. Five days feel like eternity.

"Luna?" I hear him ask, seriously Josh needs to know how to lower volume, and I whisper to Josh to turn it off. And he does after mumbling an excuse.

"Don't tell him. Please." I say and he sighs.

"Your mom didn't do this with bad intentions. She didn't tell me to break up with Damon. I thought it was the only solution so he'll go..." I carry on and cry again.

"I don't want to hold him back." I mumble and they get beside me, hugging me, each to each of my sides.

"So please, don't tell him." I look at Josh, with pleading eyes and all he does is sigh, groan actually, before nodding his head.

"Okay, okay, I won't tell him." I take a deep breath of relief.

"It's better off this way. He's going to get the job, even if that means we're not together, and he thinks I'm a heartless bitch." I sit back on the bed and look at my friends, only to see Josh looking at me confused.