chapter 34

♡☆♡☆ How am I supposed to tell you? I don't wanna see you with anyone but me, nobody gets me like you. How am I supposed to let you go? Only like myself when I'm with you. ☆♡☆♡

Luna

Today is the day. Today is the day I'm getting married. April 30th.

I zone out as Mariah does my makeup, nothing over the top, just something to enhance my natural beauty, as everyone says. I play with the hems of my robe and she eyes me confused.

"Nervous huh?" she asks me and I nod. I'm nervous. I really am. Among other things.

I have a question in my mind. I shouldn't ask her that. But I do, either way.

"Do you think I'm making the right choice?" I gulp and she lets down the bronzing brush. She sighs.

She doesn't say anything.

"Mariah?" I call out her name and she takes a deep breath.

"Do you want me to be honest, or say what you want to hear?" my heart rate is going higher, and higher. What does she mean?

"Be honest, obviously." I say and take a sip of my water.

"He loves you, it's clear, but I think you want other things." she answers me and looks at me, like she's trying to figure me out. But also, her saying we want other things, isn't only about life. It's like she means more. Again. Or I might be completely delulu.

I sigh and feel my palms sweating, but I take my mind off and try my best to relax.

"You can still back away, you know?" she tells me and my eyes widen, and I quickly shake my head in denial, but my heart is pounding way too fast.

She sighs now, and grabs her phone, messaging someone I don't know as I'm staring at myself in the mirror. This is it, I'm getting married in 3 hours.

Damon

I grab a bottle of water and drink a few sips, gripping the countertop as I'm doing so, zoning out.

This is it, she's getting married today.

Of course I wouldn't go. It's not like I'm not happy for her... I just can't bring myself to watching her marry someone. Someone that's not me. It's too early for that.

I groan and run a hand to my face, when the door knocks and takes me out of my misery.

"It's open!" I yell and Josh gets in, with Leo behind. Leo's my best friend here, but having him here this early is confusing. He should be with his family.

"What are you doing here?" I ask them and we all go to the living room. I plop myself down to the couch and they look at me confused. Meanwhile, Cece comes and sits beside me. She's big now, and I love her very much.

Cece, my ginger cat, who I rescued last year. And Luna was right: ginger cats are absolutely crazy.

"I came to grab a tie. Can I?" Leo asks and I nod, and he rushes inside my room. Josh, in the meantime, stays beside me.

"What's up with you? How are you?" he tells me and I sigh, scratching the back of my neck, before turning to look at him.

"Good, I'm okay." I answer and he scoffs, clearly not believing me. He's going to the wedding, obviously, they're best friends, but Luna invited my whole family as well. And they're going.

"At least say it more believably." he consults me and I chuckle, causing him to chuckle as well. Leo comes out too, thanks me, and leaves quickly. Damn, the dude can't be away from his daughter and girlfriend not even for a minute. It's cute though.