chapter 25

Luna

I open the door and see him standing still, his hands in the pockets of his jacket, staring at me. I tug my hair behind my ear as I take him in, and he does the same. It's been five days, but it feels like eternity.

His hair were messy from the wind and he looks at me the same way he did every time, like things are still the same, like the days haven't passed.

My heart aches.

"Hi..." I say and he says the same back to me. I zip my jacket up and go closer to him, before closing the door behind me.

We stand still, looking at each other, and the next thing I know, I have my hands wrapped around his shoulders, hugging him tightly, resting my head on the crook of his neck and shoulder, before going lower, to his chest.

He hugs me back quickly, his hands going around my waist as tightly as mine around him. Maybe even more.

My eyes get watery and I take a few deep breaths, calming myself down, but he gets it. He always gets it.

He gets it, I know he does, as I feel his hand caressing my waist more now, and we stay like this for a few minutes. I wish we could stay like this forever. But we can't. We come back to our senses and he shows me the way to his car, opening the passenger's door for me. He starts driving, and soon, we're at our spot. Memories start coming again. I bite my lips and turn to look at him.

"So..." he clears his throat.

"How you been?" he asks me and I chuckle sadly, unzipping my jacket and throwing it at the backseat. He does the same after a while.

"Oh, I've been great." I say ironically and he senses it, chuckling, nodding his head. "You?" I ask him now.

"Same, for sure, same." I chuckle now and we stop, staring at each other.

"I'm happy you're doing this, y'know." I murmur after a while, my fingers tangled together and he sighes beside me.

"I know, Lu, you're one of the few people who are really happy I'm doing this." he answers me and I sigh now, taking his hand and squeezing it softly.

We continue talking, the awkwardness slowly fading away, and I find myself missing his company a lot, and he's not even gone yet. I laugh at his jokes and listen to him talking about the job he's starting in two days. He doesn't try to kiss me, and I'm grateful for that. It wouldn't be right for him too. However, he touches me sometimes. His hand rested on my knee for a few minutes, before he realized what he's doing, and puts it on his knee. And I think "cute", every single time. I, on the other hand, try my best not to be touchy. But I can't. I remove some hair on his face every chance I get, caress his face and hand sometimes too. I should stop.

We're currently silent, both of us staring at the island, pitch black, only the lights out. It's nighttime now. We've been together for the past 3 hours, yet it feels like 1 hour has passed only. It's calming. Really calming.

When his phone rings.

And Olivia's name pops up. Olivia?

"Yes?" Damon answers her and groans, like she interrupted us. She kind of did, and we weren't even doing anything..

"Wait, let me ask Luna." he turns to me. "Do you wanna go to John B's old house? Everyone is there." he informs me and I stare at him. It's his last day here, of course he would want to see his friends too. I shouldn't keep him all to myself.

"Sure." I answer and he nods, telling Olivia that we're coming, and quickly he starts the engine, driving away.

♡♡♡♡♡