^3^ Fair Heights

(Author's note: The characters in this are in college so ages are around 19-21)

Jimmy's POV:

Lizzie still hasn't confessed to Joel so she drags me around on all of their dates. They don't even call them dates. So far us three have been to the movies (3 times), to multiple cafes, picnics, and more. At first I was fine with it but now it's getting annoying. On all of the "totally not dates" I've been forced to go to I always end up feeling lonely.

Today started off normal but at 4pm Lizzie asked me to go on another date with her and Joel. She asked if we should go to the fair or movies again. "Neither." I said coldly. "What why?" Lizzie looked at me confused. "Because you two just end up ditching or ignoring me the whole time and I don't want to waste my time because you two are too scared to confess!" I yelled. "Please, what if we invite someone else to come with us as well." Lizzie was trying to compromise. I was planning on saying no again but I ended up saying fine. Though she didn't tell me who she was inviting.

It was Saturday at 1pm and I was at the fair with Lizzie, Joel, and Scott. I have a teeny tiny crush in Scott that nobody knows about. I haven't told anyone because most of my friends are obsessed with gossip, especially Lizzie.

"How about we eat and then go on rides!" Lizzie asked excitedly. We all agreed and found a place to eat. After we finished eating we rode a few four people rides so we could all ride together. We rode simple rides like tea-cups and stuff like that.

After a while it was obvious that Joel and Lizzie wanted to ride something with just the two of them. "How about we ride the Ferris wheel? Me and Jimmy can ride together and you two could ride together." Scott noticed that they wanted to be alone too. "Sure!" Lizzie sounded really happy that she was going to be able to ride alone with Joel. I agreed because I didn't want to seem like a coward but to be honest I hated heights.

Scott's POV:

Lizzie invited me to go to the fair with her, Joel, and Jimmy. To be honest I only agreed to go because Jimmy was going. That was for two reasons, one being because I didn't want to be a third wheel with Lizzie and Joel. The second reason is because I have a crush on Jimmy. Almost everyone knows, except Jimmy he's a little oblivious.

After a while it got obvious that Lizzie just invited me and Jimmy because she didn't want to make it seem like her and Joel were on a date. Even though they obviously like each other. We were all doing rides together but Lizzie and Joel started to seem like they wanted to do something together without me and Jimmy. "How about we ride the Ferris wheel? Me and Jimmy can ride together and you two could ride together." I asked so Lizzie and Joel could be alone. "Sure!" Lizzie sounded really happy that she was going to be able to ride alone with Joel.

I also asked if we could go on the Ferris wheel so I could be alone with Jimmy. When we were in line for the Ferris wheel Jimmy was looking oddly nervous. I was about to ask but just then we were being called to get in the cart. (I don't know what the seats are called)

After we were up in the air I asked Jimmy what was wrong. "Are you feeling alright?" I asked Jimmy while sliding closer to him. "Y-yeah I'm fine why do you a-ask" Jimmy answered but his eyes were squeezed shut. I put my hand on his shoulder. "We can ask to get off now if you would like?" I noticed Jimmy was uncomfortable. "No I'm fine, I just don't really like heights." Jimmy said, his voice still shaking slightly. I squeezed his hand slightly trying to assure him that he was okay. After a little while he started to get used to the height and laid his head down on my shoulder. "Thank you." He said. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek as a way of saying "you're welcome".

Words: 729