^4^ Enemies? Pt 1

(Author's note: The characters are in high school, seniors)

Scott's POV:

Seniors are supposed to have fun for their last year of high school right? That's what I thought at least. Me being Scott Major, pretty popular I'd say. I planned a senior prank on the vice principal, I was a little scared to do the actual principal but nobody knows so shh. I got together with some friends to plan and spread the word to other seniors. I planned for us to mess up the script for the announcements, not very big. I know I wasn't trying to get expelled.

In the end I had to actually change the script with Jimmy Solidarity LD. I hate Jimmy, but I'm friends with his sister Lizzie. I got stuck with him because if we do get caught I can just blame it on him so I don't get into trouble. Great plan, or I thought it was at least. Everything was going perfectly, people were distracting the vice principal while others distracted the people in charge of the announcements. Me and Jimmy snuck into where the script was and put the fake script into the one for that morning.

I would blame Jimmy for what happened but it wasn't really either of our fault. We were both really quiet. But communication was still needed to do this. As we were walking out celebrating, yeah I can't believe it either. The principal saw us walking out and asked what we were doing. Jimmy Immediately said that we were looking for the vice principal but she didn't believe us. She pulled us into the room and saw that the script folder seemed off. She called the vice principal to come by as she inspected the folder. It didn't take long for her to find the fake script we put in.

Instead of getting in trouble you know like what's supposed to happen we both had to do community service. TOGETHER! I protested but it was either do the community service or get expelled. I was so close to choosing to just get expelled but that wouldn't look good on my college resume so I ended up choosing community service. We got assigned to work at a local animal shelter which I guess isn't that bad.

Jimmy's POV:

I'm never doing anything that Scott Major planned ever again. He decided to plan this year's senior prank and I got chosen to help him switch out the script for the announcements. Not a bad prank but he hadn't had a plan B if we got caught. So when we did get caught he didn't know what to do or say so we got sent to the principal's office and we got in trouble well kinda. We got assigned to do community service for two days, TOGETHER! I guess it's better than getting expelled but still I hate Scott Major's guts. We've been rivals since the year 4, I can't exactly remember what happened to make us hate each other but I bet it was his fault.

Only one good thing came out of this senior prank and that is that the place me and Major have to do community service is at a local animal shelter. I love animals. Animals balance out my hatred for Major because have you ever felt so sad and a dog came up and comforted you and all your worries disappeared. If you're allergic, don't talk to me.

Nobody's POV:

Today was Saturday, 7am the first day of Scott and Jimmy's community service. Scott was not looking forward to this even though he liked animals. "Hellos dears, are you Scott Major, and James Solidarity LD?" The lady at the door asked. "I'm Scott Major." He answered. "It's Jimmy." He explained. "Alrighty follow me sweeties." She said as she walked away. They followed her to the outback area and gave them their first job. "Since the person that was in charge of this job quit you two will now be in charge of it." She handed them a bucket and two shovels and told them to start. They exchanged disgusted looks to one another but before they could complain the lady had already gone inside. (They have poop duty incase that wasn't clear)

"There's no way, I don't do gross things." Scott looked like he was about to puke. "Well it's your fault we have to do this, because you didn't think of a plan if we got caught." Jimmy accused. "Actually my plan was to blame you but I had a change of heart." Scott defended. "Yeah right, like Scott Major would have a change of heart for someone he had been rivals with since year 4." Jimmy rolled his eyes as he put a shovel in Scott's hand. "I did actually, but whatever." Scott started picking up the poop, but he was gagging like the whole time. "I need to take like 10 showers before I will ever feel clean ever again." Scott complained as they walked inside after finishing. "Same." Jimmy agreed with Scott for once.

"Hello boys, did you finish?" The lady from earlier asked. "Yes we did miss- uh." Jimmy started. "Call me Tilly." The lady said. "Alright well yes we did finish." Jimmy finished what he started to say a second ago. "Alright, now it's now 10am, that did take you boys a while but that's okay. Your next job will be to walk some of the dogs." Tilly said. She guided them to where they kept the dogs. "Each walk will be 30 minutes per dog, you boys will take two dogs at a time, one each. After you walk two dogs, you will walk two more until all the dogs have been walked. Then you boys may have a break for lunch. Alright?" Tilly explained. "Okay!" Jimmy answered very excitedly. "Alright." Scott said walking to one of the kennels.

"Hello, uh Henry. How are you?" Scott said, grabbing a leash and putting it on his collar. After Jimmy and Scott had grabbed a dog, they started walking. After about 10 minutes of complete silence it was getting awkward. "Sooooo-" Jimmy started. "No, we don't like each other so no small talk." Scott stopped him before he could finish. "Ugh but I'm so bored, and this is awkward." Jimmy whined. "I don't care." Scott said. After they had walked almost all the dogs there were only two left but it was already 2pm. "I'm so hungryyyyyy, I just want to eat lunch." Jimmy kept complaining. "Well we could probably get food on our way back after we walk the dogs, then we could eat after we put them back in their kennels." Scott said, trying to make him stop complaining. "So not all of your ideas are horrible that end up in us having to spend time together." Jimmy joked. "Haha, very funny, but we still have to eat together, dumbass." Scott joked back.

Words 1154