6

Tw: swearing

Buck pov

When we get back to the station after the call i avoid everyone as much as possible.

I dont go upstairs i dont go in the locker room i found a quiet corner with a chair and sat. Ive been playing games on my phone avoiding everyone.

I can hear them having fun upstairs but i dont mind.

I hear foot steps coming down the stairs.

I sit up in the chair a bit more to see who's coming.

I see none other than the reason my co-workers hate me.

I notice he starts looking around like hes looking for something.

I sit back again and continue playing on my phone. When i look up again i see him start to walk over to me.

He stops a few feet in front of me.

"Hey buck can we talk?"

"Why? Ive done nothing but ignore you since you got here. And then i yelled at you the other day."

"Thats what i wanted to talk about can we please have a nice conversation?"

"No i dont want to talk to you."

I stand up and walk away. How could he not understand i dont want to talk to him.

I hear footsteps following after me.

I look behind and see hes still following me.

"Buck i mean no harm can we please have a calm conversation."

"No i told you i didnt want to talk."

"I want to talk." He says

"I dont leave me alone."

I continue walking.

Footsteps still following close behind.

"Eddie fuck off."

"Buck just talk to me."

"Eddie i dont want to talk to you!" I start walking out of the station to my car.

Before i can get to my car i feel a hand grab my arm.

"Buck please."

"Eddie no let go of me."

"Im not going to let go Buck."

I try to pull my arm out of his grasp.

It doesnt work.

Usually im the stronger one and can get out of anyones grip.

"I'll talk with you for 2 minutes i cant promise it'll be calm. And I'll only talk if you let go of me now."

"Deal." He says.

He lets go of my arm.

"Follow me." He says.

We continue out of the station.

We walk up to a truck.

"In." He says.

"What?"

"Get in the truck." He says.

"Who's truck is this?"

"Mine. Now get in."

"You aren't kidnapping me are you?"

"No buck im not."

I reluctantly got in his truck.

I got in the passenger seat and he got in the driver seat.

"Buck."

"What?"

"Whats your problem with me?"

"I-" Eddie cuts me off

"Buck dont say im 'too comfortable' because i know thats not actually your problem."

"Thats not what i was going to say."

"Then what were you going to say?"

"I don't know what my problem is. I dont like change its always just been me cap chim and hen since i got here. I felt challenged like i was getting replaced. I don't know, ive been getting replaced my whole life and i thought it wouldn't happen here and when you arrived i saw how everyone would look at you or do what you say and i got scared that they were replacing me because everyone kind of started ignoring me."

"Buck im not replacing you."

"I know it just kind of felt like you were mr.perfect and everyone started paying more attention to what you were doing and what you were saying than what i was doing or saying. It's not your fault and i guess I have no real reason to hate you i just didnt want to get replaced by basically the only 'family' i have. Also im not saying I need all the constant attention but it just felt like everyone was kind of always ignoring me since you got here."

"Buck im sorry."

"Why're you sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for if anything I should be apologizing."

"I dont know why im apologizing. I feel bad. I feel bad that you felt like you were getting replaced i feel bad that i walked in and suddenly you felt ignored. I feel bad you've been replaced your whole life and you thought it was happeneing again. I feel bad for all of it."

My face started getting red.

I ignored it and moved on.

"Eddie dont feel bad. I shouldn't have told you all this im sorry." I start to ramble on and on making one apology after the next

"Buck it's fine. Can i thank you for helping me with the grenade the other day?"

"Yeah youre welcome im glad i could help."

"I think id let you have my back any day."

"Thanks or you know you could uhh you could have mine."

Thats the end of this chapter thanks for reading.

Word count: 820