34

Tw: none i dont think

Maddie pov

I walk out of the break room and go back to my desk while wiping my tears.

He used to do this a lot before and he was always fine or mostly fine maybe occasionally a broken bone but nothing major.

Thats all i keep telling myself.

I get back to my desk.

Josh is helping someone on the line.

I wait and hope for good news about the person on the other end of the line because i really need some right now.

When josh is finished he stands up out of my desk and i sit back down.

"Whats wrong maddie?"

"Nothing. Im fine."

"Maddie."

"Fine bucks missing."

"What?"

"Yeah he got in a fight with bobby and then wouldn't answer his phone or his door so his friends went to his apartment and he wasnt there his phone isn't on the grid but theres many reasons why that could be."

"Maddie take the day off take a break you dont need to be here go find your brother."

"I can't i was told to stay here in case he comes looking for me."

"Ok if you need anything let me know ok?"

"Of course josh if you hear anything that could be about buck weather it be from a call or if he messages you or something you have to let me know."

"Of course maddie i couldnt keep that from you."

"Thank you josh."

Now i just have to get through this day.

I take more calls an hour passes nothing from buck.

Then two hours and its my break.

On my break i check my phone.

I see one message from buck.

All it says is "im safe"

Thats not as reassuring as it should be.

I text bobby

Me:
Just heard from buck i dont have any update on location.
*1 screenshot*

Bobby:
Thats great news maddie thank you for letting me know no one here has heard from him Athena hasn't found him or heard anything but i will let you know as soon as anyone does.

I read the message get a cup of coffee then its time for me to go back to work.

Im glad buck is safe.

But i still can't help but worry.

Before i go sit at my desk i find josh walking around.

"Josh buck texted me hes safe. But thats all he told me."

"Something is better than nothing right?"

"Yeah i guess but im still scared."

"And thats a natural response maddie its ok to be scared." He tells me

I hug josh and go back to my desk.

Then a call came in.

One that i could not have expected to get tonight of all nights.

Thanks for reading sorry about the cliff hanger. Im so so sorry about not writing. I've had a bunch of writers block as well as no time to write. I will honestly probably be writing more around the holidays but take that lightly. Im not a fan of the holidays so I'll probably be doing everything i can to get out of them. Don't expect chapters but im hoping to get at least one more out before i go back to school after the holidays. Again so so sorry i havent been writing.

Word count: 555