24 (the shift from hell)

Tw: blood, broken bones, hospitals, swearing, im sure theres probably others

Buck pov

When i arrive at the station i see hen and chim working on cleaning the trucks.

I put my stuff in my locker and then go over to help them. Bobby and Eddie said they'd be a bit late today not too late but not on time so the B shift captain and someone named Ravi from B shift would be filling in until Bobby and Eddie could get here.

I walk over to hen and chim and start conversation with them when Ravi the B shift member who was filling in for Eddie walked over.

He started talking to us and we had a conversation with him.

Hen asked him how his shift was and this is when things went down.

"So Ravi how was your shift?"

"Oh you know it was pretty quiet."

"Noooo!" Chim yells me and hen gasp.

I turn to look at hen and chim.

"Did he just." I trail off the end of my sentence

"He said the Q word." Hen reply's to me

"What i just said it was qu-."

"No dont say it again!" Chim says

"Why?" Ravi says sounding genuinely confused.

"When you say that word it puts a jinx on the station you cant say that word anywhere it turns everything into the shift from hell." Hen explains.

"Oh sorry. I didnt mean to."

we ignore Ravi and continue cleaning the trucks but before we can the bell goes off.

We all get in the trucks and the drive to the emergencies starts.

The shift from hell is just beginning.

We get back to the station after that emergency it wasnt even an emergency.

When we get back to the station bobby and Eddie are there waiting for us.

I run up the stairs to go and see them to tell them what happened.

Ravi and the B shift captain have gone home from their 24 hour shift.

I see Bobby and Eddie sitting on the couch chatting.

Before either of them can say anything i start yelling.

"Someone said the Q word prepare for the shift from hell. We're jinxed!"

Both look at me like I'm crazy. But more so Eddie than bobby.

"What?" Eddie says laughing at me.

"Buck slow down what happened?"

"Ravi from B shift said the Q word. You know the one. And now we're in for the shift from hell. We're jinxed."

"Buck jinxes don't exist."

"Yes they do Eddie. Just watch."

"Buck-"

Before bobby can even start talking the alarm goes off again.

"Buckle up Eddie!" I say as i run down the stairs to get in the truck.

We get in the trucks and go to the next emergency this one is at a party store.

All of the helium canisters have fallen and crushed some 'clowns'

Me and Eddie are grabbing some things from the truck while everyone else is already inside helping.

We go inside and stand watching everyone help for a couple seconds assessing the situation.