16 (lyrics)

Tw: swearing, mentions pills (it's Tylenol)

Buck pov

We got back to the station.

We all either hung out or went to sleep.

No matter how hard i tried i couldnt i couldnt sleep.

I laid in the uncomfortable bed with my headphones playing the song i cant seem to turn off.

'Friends don't call you in the middle of the night couldn't even tell you why they just felt like saying hi'

More and more lyrics that stand out but i cant find the meaning of.

'Friends don't hear eachothers name and forget to concentrate'

The lyrics that stand out are so random.

They have correlations to each other because they're apart of the same song but no correlation besides that.

Lyrics in one ear out the other some passing right through others staying and giving me a headache.

I get out of the bed and go into the kitchen.

I look in the cupboard above the fridge.

I find what im looking for.

I take down the bottle of Tylenol.

I shake 2 from the bottle into my hand.

"What're you doing buck? Its 5 in the morning." Hen asks as she walks into the kitchen.  I take out my headphone and pause the music before i answer.

"I have a headache and i couldnt sleep what're you doing awake?" I reply

"I got a phone call that i had to answer and now i can't sleep." Hen says

I nod.

"You were listening to that song again weren't you?"

"Yeah." I say

"Did you figure out anything else on what the song could be trying to tell you?"

"No and its driving me fucking insane. I can't get the song out of my head even though i want to so badly. The lyrics that stick out to me they have no correlation to each other besides the fact that they're from the same song." I rant to hen.

"Buck pause. Take a deep breath and just wait for a few seconds."

I do what hen says.

I breathe in and out slowly trying to calm myself.

"Better?" Hen asks i nod knowing that if I speak I'd just get frustrated again.

"Ok heres what i think you should do. Stop listening to the song. If it's driving you this crazy you need to stop. It's giving you headaches buck."

"I can't seem to turn it off though its addicting." I say

"Give me your phone and headphones."

"Why?"

"Because if you don't have them you cant listen to the song."

"What if i need my phone?"

"What if you just delete the music app?"

I think for a few seconds.

"Deal." I say

I give hen my phone she deletes the app.

There goes my one form of therapy i think to myself.

Thanks for reading i kind of hate this but i have an idea for the next chapter.

Word count: 478