31

Tw: very minimal swearing, argument, i think thats it let me know if i need to add some

Buck pov

I wake up to a buzzing in my pocket.

I look around confused as to why im on the couch.

I take my phone out of my pocket.

I answer it.

"Hello?" I ask not knowing who i was talking to.

"Hey buck."

"Bobby?"

"Yeah were you sleeping? I can talk to you about this later if now's not a good time."

"No its fine bobby whats up?"

"I wanted to tell you now that we wont be needing you on the job for a while."

"What? What do you mean you wont need me."

"You are not cleared to come back to work yet."

"But the doctor said-"

"Buck it doesnt matter what the doctor said it matters what i say and im saying we are not ready to have you back yet."

"No what?"

"If you were to get hurt on the job it would be a liability. I as captain am saying you may not come back yet because if something were to happen to you on the job it would be on me."

"You cant do that bobby."

"Yes i can buck."

"Fine go to hell bobby."

I hang up the phone without letting Bobby say anything more.

My phone starts buzzing again but i ignore it.

It stops and starts again.

I put airplane mode on my phone so no calls or texts or anything will come through.

I throw my phone to the opposite side of the couch.

Its not fair. I think to myself

Thanks for reading sorry it's short but im trying to transition into the divorce arc from the show. Also yes i stole Eddie's line that he said to Bobby because i wont be giving Eddie a therapy arc because its boring to write and read.

Word count: 320