As the Journey Begins Part II

I was attracted to natural hair by its appearance and texture. However, I had no idea how to achieve this look that I decided to transition to. I had no idea what products to use and how to use them. After all my go to style was a ponytail, or flat ironing my hair and adding a flip to the bang. I was basic lol.
The current products I used during that time were Motions daily moisturizer and Head and Shoulders shampoo and conditioner. I stole the moisturizer from my mom and I had Head and Shoulders products because of my AWFUL dandruff. But I thought I could cut corners and continue to use these products, and I would have the same ending result. But as I soon found out, that was definitely the stupidest thing I could've thought.
I started off doing Bantu Knot Out after Bantu Knot Out. I mean literally every night. I got this suggestion from my best friend because it looked cute on her hair. However, mine were not nearly as cute. Sometimes I did them dry, sometimes I did them wet. (As a side note I didn't even own a spray bottle yet, so I was using bottled water to wet my hair. The struggle was tooooo real.) Sometimes my hair was okay, but sometimes it looked a hot ass mess! I'm not going to lie. I did not know what I was doing.
So I decided to revisit YouTube. I looked for products to buy that did more than one thing for my hair. One reason for that was the convenience, the other reason was I knew my mom was not gonna help purchase all these products. She didn't even really want me to transition to natural,so of course she wasn't going to do anything to support it. She actually threatened that if I couldn't keep my hair together myself,that I was going right back to relaxers. And let me tell you, I was not about to go through another session of perm burning my EXTREMELY sensitive scalp. But I digress...
So anyways, the first products products I bought were: Creme of Nature Perfect 7, Creme of nature Argon oil Moisture and Shine Shampoo,Cantu Shea Butter Leave In conditioner, Organix Awapuhi Ginger Conditioner ,and Hollywood Beauty's Olive oil and Tea Tree oil. The shampoo is Sulfate free, and when I washed my hair I felt a major difference. It became so much softer and moisturized. The oils eliminated my dandruff within 3 weeks and I used the Cantu Leave in conditioner as my styler.
When I changed my products things took a positive turn. I started to notice my new -growth,and after some months I started to see my curl pattern. My hair was much more moisturized. I even discovered perm rod sets,and when I wasn't doing Bantu Knots, a perm rod set was my go to style. Things were looking up.
I transitioned for 8 months. During those 8 months I wore my hair out for the first 7 months. I got Box Braids installed in October 2014. And soon after that the big day came....
My big chop😱😱😱.