The Rice Water Trend is a Scam

If you're active on Youtube, i'm sure you noticed the over saturation of videos about rice water. Honestly, it's just a gimmick that has gotten out of hand.

Rice water is literally like a protein treatment for your hair. So, of course if you never do protein treatments, and you start doing rice water, there will be a difference in your hair strands. So yes, your hair will be stronger allowing for less breakage. Really, you should only be using a protein treatment twice a month at most.

BUT, using rice water every day is not healthy for your strands. Speaking from a type 4 perspective, your hair will become stringy, and even more difficult to manage. Most of my type 4 friends hopped on the rice water bandwagon, only to make their hair dried out and stringy. 

This post is just a reminder that all hair gimmicks or solutions are not for your hair type. Youtube may sell you a dream, that that dream can make your hair even less manageable than it was before. Be more concerned with the overall health of your hair, rather than length.

Vote, comment, and follow me!

P.S I'd like to get my natural hair book ranked higher, and i'd like to have more engagement. I feel like my book offers more than just your run of the mill tips and tricks for natural hair. I offer an experience.