3. 'Love.'

After a while, I headed out of the room and closed the door behind me. I put my hands in my pocket, feeling cold.

I walked past the many rooms, very confused about how Mai found the living room. I finally found it after walking around like a lost puppy. I scanned the room, searching for Mai like it would be hard to find her in a room full of men.

Ghost was sitting in the corner chair, and he already had his eyes on me. I swear I could see his eyes looking me up and down. I mean, these shorts were pretty short. I scoffed and shook my head, walking towards Mai, across from Ghost, and plopped down beside her. I glanced at the TV. "Wait, is this.." I started.

"Yep," Mai chuckled. "Mean Girls."

"Oh my gosh, and they picked this?" I started smiling. "I'm not joking when I say this, they fought over Clueless and Mean Girls. That was the girliest thing I've seen men do." Mai started laughing.

I turned my head toward the TV, stealing some of Mai's chips. I glanced at Ghost again and scanned him. Those sweatpants looked big, but I swear I could see his-

"This is my favorite scene!" Mai whispered to me, interrupting my thoughts. I shook my head in shame. Really, y/n? Don't do that to yourself. I started focusing on the movie.

Soap walked out of the kitchen, holding 2 bowls of popcorn. Mmm, butter. My favorite. "Here you guys go, I made you some for the movie." He held out the bowl towards us. "Thanks." I smiled. He sat back down, handing Gaz the bowl of their popcorn.

----

After the movie was over Gaz and Soap were arguing if Regina deserved that ending or not. I started laughing at them. "Okay, wait wait wait, y/n, do you think Regina deserved getting hit by that bus?" Gaz questioned. They both turned towards me, while Mai was sitting there laughing eating the rest of the popcorn.

"Not really." I answered, amused. "Thank you! I rest my case." Soap teased Gaz.

"But don't you think she deserved that by bullying all those kids?" Gaz asked me.

"Getting hit by a bus? No, maybe something smaller." I responded.

"That's exactly what I said!" Soap enthusiastically turned towards me. "Well, after arguing over that for a while, I'm gonna head to bed. Night guys." He said while walking toward his and Gaz's room. Gaz followed soon after.

"Oh y/n, I forgot to heat your food, sorry.." Mai playfully said.

"Yeah, or you just didn't want to do it." I giggled, playfully punching her arm. She yawned.

"I'm gonna head in the room to go to bed, night y/n. And um..." Mai started fidgeting with her fingers while standing up. Ghost just stared at her. "Night." She let out, her voice getting squeaky. She speed-walked away into the hall.

I took my phone out of my pocket, checking my notifications. I felt a special pair of eyes on me and scoffed. "You've been staring at me since I've arrived, why?" I spoke up with an annoyed tone. He continued staring. "Gosh, you're a creep." I sneered.

I sat up, walking towards the kitchen to eat the macaroni they made. I swear he eyed me all the way there, that's so annoying.

---

After eating my macaroni, I put the dish in the sink, too lazy to wash it. I glanced over at Ghost, I think he fell asleep, but I wasn't sure though. I tiptoed over towards him. When I was in front of him, I bent over and tried to glance into his mask. Man, it was hard to see with his stupid makeup.

I stood there for a solid 3 seconds, still uncertain. I was about to leave because I was pretty certain he was asleep, but then he opened his eyes. I jumped so fucking hard.

"Oh, shit!" I shouted, standing back up.

"Why were you staring at me?" He questioned me.

"I-I was just seeing if you were asleep. Th-that's all." I stuttered. I don't even know why I was stuttering. He started to stand up, he towered over me. Oh. My. Fucking. Gosh. He's so tall.

"There's no need to get flustered, you were pretty bold when I had my eyes closed." He was so fucking close to me, I swear I felt his breath through his mask. Why am I so nervous now?

"I'm not flustered. I just..." I darted my eyes across the room, looking for an escape. Shit, I can feel my cheeks getting red.

"You just what?" He started getting closer to my face, slightly bending over. I began backing up into the couch behind me. I was speechless. Why though? He's not even intimidating.

"Are you going to answer me or are you going to continue to blush, love?" He went on. My knees are about to buckle. I've never had anyone call me a pet name before, and his accent made me blush even more.

I eventually had no more room to back into, so I just plopped on the couch. "I just wanted to make sure you were sleeping. It's not a big deal." I softly whispered.

"Speak up, doll." He answered back.

"It's not important." I started getting annoyed that I was so flustered with him, so I scooted over on the couch, standing up. I turned around to walk away, speedwalking.

Oh my goodness, that was so surreal. I cannot believe that just happened, and how was I getting flustered? It's a fucking mask for goodness sake.

I eventually made it back to my room, and I quickly laid down on my bed. I was out of breath. I decided to just fall asleep, just shake it off.

Come on y/n, get over yourself.

-----

WORD COUNT: 986