Chapter 10

"Fitz. Fitz! FITZ!" I shouted, trying to wake him up.

"What?" He asked me.

"They're here for me."

"Who?"

"Them." I said pointing at men coming through the door of my cell, "FITZ!" I screamed. They grabbed me by the arms and started to drag me along the corridor. I tried everything to make their grip loose but nothing worked. They took me to a room. By the time we had got there, I was exhausted from trying to escape. They sat me down on a chair. They cuffed my hands and my feet to the chairs arms and legs. They put some machine over my head.

"I'll go get the boss." One of the men said to the other. He left the room. I sat there wondering who the boss was. I couldn't move because the chains were so tightly tied. They had my fingers spread on the arm of the chair. I suspect they didn't want me to see who the boss was yet because they put a hood over my head.

"I never thought I'd see you again." A familiar voice said, "I thought Coulson would've made sure his price possession wouldn't get out."

"Well..." I said, "I insisted."

"Too bad, huh? I'm sure he didn't know this was going to happen.he was unprepared. In the dark. So was I. But I'm now in the light of leadership." The voice rambled on. He got closer to me. I could feel his breath on my neck. He took my hood of and I was blinded for a split second. He looked different than he did when I saw him last.

"Did you shave your hair? If looks good." I said and he punched me, "The one thing that isn't different is that you still pack a punch." He punched me again.

"I made a promise that I would see you again. Here you are."

"Grant. I know you like to keep your promises but this one's gone a little too far."

"In what way?"

"Firstly, you're the leader of HYDRA and secondly, this isn't exactly the reunion I was expecting."

"Well, I have my surprises." He said. He clicked his fingers and I felt my muscles tense up and I started to shake. It stopped when he held up his hand, "Whenever you say the answer we're not looking for, that will shock you."

"No problem." I said, and he shocked me again.

"I mean it." He said back. He then took out a knife and let the blade touch my leg, just scratching the surface. I closed my mouth and clenched my teeth together.

"You know I'm different, right?" I said to Grant. He looked at me in a strange way. "How would I have survived TAHITI without any side-effects?" Grant looked at me with the look on his face that showed he was interested in what it was. "I've always known why I survived. Coulson doesn't know, let alone anyone."

"And why, exactly, did you survive?" I didn't answer him because I wanted to see how far he would go.