Chapter 15

When we arrived at The Playground, Simmons and Skye helped me to the lab. Simmons patched me up and made sure it wasn't anything serious.

"Em, Simmons?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"Just so you know. There's a charge in my head. You would quite possibly need to take it out sooner or later."

"Ok... I'll see if our surgeons will be able to do that." She said with a smile emerging on her face. She cleaned out my gun wound and knife wound. Luckily they weren't infected. It was still sore getting them cleaned. They put me under to take out the charge, causing my hair to be shaved off. I had cut it shorter so it didn't bother me.

I had to be put in quarantine because they didn't know what Ward had done to me. Fitz was also in quarantine but he got cleared within a day. I listened to my favourite band, Take That, to make the time go faster. It didn't work. It was still boring. I played my Xbox 360. It didn't work either. I tried everything I usually did, but nothing worked. Skye came to see me sometimes. Bobbi and her gave me things that I love to eat like chocolate, crisps, gum, coke. Anything and everything I liked they gave me. That helped a bit.

Coulson turned up one day with a file. It said 'blood test' on the front of it. He did not look happy at all.

"Sir, I can explain." I said.

"You don't need to. This is enough." He said, opening it. "What is it with you and lies?"

"I'm a spy. It's what I'm trained to do."

"I know that. You should never lie to a team member, let alone me."

"I know." I replied. "You're surprisingly calm about this."

"I knew something was up. I redid your blood tests to see what came up. That's why I'm calmer. You don't want to hurt us so I don't see you as a threat." He said back. "I'm still pissed though."

"I know. I'm sorry sir. If I didn't keep it a secret I would've been put in prison."

"I understand. I got on the wrong side of an Asgardian." He said.

"Kree are much more different than Asgardians."

"Why did you come here? There must be a reason." He asked.

I told him everything I told Ward. He just looked at me, amazed at the fact I was from a different planet altogether.

"What's gonna happen to me now?" I asked. He put a different file in the connection box. I looked at the cover. It said 'Caterpillars' on it. I opened it. I read through what it said. I looked up at him. "So you want me to join the Secret Warriors?" I asked. He nodded. "So Skye already knows?"

"Everyone does. They're not annoyed as they know what you've been through. Although I can't guarantee that May won't do something."

"Thank you sir. For giving me another chance at doing right the wrong things I've done in my life."

"No problem. That's what family's for."