4

Eve Brown

"Oh so you really went ahead and fucked him? Eve this is a serious operation and you just wanna fuck your way through?"

"I'm not losing focus okay? I know what I have to do, stop treating me like I'm stupid because you know more than anyone how I come."I rolled my eyes.

I sat here in Conan's office and he was giving me a lecture.

"That's not what I heard on my earpiece."

"Oh so you listened to us have sex? Oh so you're actually jealous?"I laughed "you are jealous."

"Eve if you think I'm still on you, think again."he shook his head "I'm too old to be obsessing over little girls like you."

"You 38"I shrugged "and back when you and I had our little fling, you were 34, not bad if you ask me."

"Back then you were actually something worth chasing."he said which kind of broke my heart but I don't and I won't let him see it.

"I don't care how you see me, but what I do know is that you need me to buss this operation wide, so if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go home."

"Eve I'm sorry, that was out of line."he grabbed my hand.

"No you're right, I'm not something worth chasing, go chase Elena like you been doing, she blonde and she's you're type she's wifey material."I shrugged.

He sighed and let me go because he knew I was right.

"Anyways, time is passing you by, it's time you started a family."I added before walking away.

I headed to my car and drove home.

I walked inside the house and ran myself some bath water, I needed to relax.

"Where you coming from sweetheart?"my mother asked, she had no clue that I had been dealing and just doing some illegal things.

"I was with Conan, I might get my job back."I lied, I did get it back.

I'm the only key to this case and they knew that.

"Really? Baby that's great."she hugged me really tightly "it's about damn time."

"Yes I know."I smiled "please just excuse me."

"Darren called."she said making me snap my head towards her.

"The fuck does that nigga want?"I asked.

"Sweetie no cussing."she sighed "he wants to come home."

"Mama you forgetting that he's the reason you went bankrupt and you had to come live with me? Are we just gon forget that he did fraudulent acts in your company and made you lose it all? No he can stay his ass where he is."I shook my head.

"Shakira what if I want to forgive him?"

Only my mom called me Shakira, I hated that name,it had so much trauma attached to it...but I let her slide because she is my mom.

"Then respectfully...you are just a sucker for love and you are just foolish...that man don't love, get up you are weak in the knees."I mumbled "now If you'll excuse me."

I went to the bathroom and removed my clothes, I put my hair up in the bun and soaked myself up in the water.

After I felt a bit calm, I began bathing myself.

After what Conan said to me and my mama dropping that bombshell on me, I was rightfully pissed.

After I was done, I threw on a mini skirt and a tank top along with slides.

I headed to the kitchen only to see my mama looking out of the kitchen window.

"Is everything okay?"

"There's a car here, and it's been here for a while, it looks real dodgy."

"Let me check it out."I walked to my room and retrieved my Glock.

"Baby it's not safe."my mama frowned.

"You serious...I been trained to do this, I got this."I reassured her.

I walked outside and she stood my the door, watching me from there.

It was a black SUV.

I cautiously tugged at my Glock and walked towards the car that was parked on my property.

"Eve brown?"the guy in black asked.

"Depends on who's asking."

The window rolled down "get in the car Eve."Saint Santana said, catching me by surprise.

I turned around to my mom and raised my thumbs up, indicating to her that everything is good.

I turned back to Saint and sighed, Conan's words were lingering in my head, I didn't need to fuck him to get info out of him.

"You getting in or what?"Saint asked "I don't like repeating myself."

I didn't say anything I just opened the door and got inside the car.