14 (book 2)

Evelynn.

I woke up in the middle of the night, with sweat all over me.

I slowly removed Saints arms from me and went to his study, I turned on my flash and snooped around.

It was mainly a couple of books and just useless stuff.

I accidentally touched one book and the whole shelf began moving, a secret shelf.

I took out a bag and I opened it, it was filled with CDs of some sort, not being sure what it was I took them to the guest bedroom and played them.

It was Saint committing murders, live

Just him slowly cutting someone to death, another of him slaughtering a girls neck and another of him having brutal rough sex with a girl significantly smaller than him, physically, the poor girl was black and blue but she seemed to participating but still brutal, and another of him burying someone.

Too scared to move an inch at that point, I picked up the phone and called Conan.

"Eve ?"he answered "jeez it's 2 in the morning."

"I just found some tapes that could get Saint locked away for a long time."I mumbled lowly.

"What are you talking about, bring them to me right away."he said as I nodded.

"Baby come back to bed."Saint said behind me, making me freeze.

I dropped my phone to the ground and he picked it up.

He looked at the tv and smirked seeing that I had seen the tapes "let's go to bed."he wrapped his arm around me as my body shook.

I said nothing and I just followed him.

_

The next morning

"Good morning sleeping beauty."Marvin smiled at me.

"Fuck off dickhead."I flipped him off as he followed me to the dining room.

"Hey I know this place is big, don't get lost now."he directed me "your breakfast is ready."he pointed at the table filled with different kinds of breakfast.

"Thanks."I sat down pouring myself apple juice.

He sat next to me "are you okay? Last night was pretty intense."

"I'm aight."I shrugged "it wasn't a big deal."

Deep down I knew it was.

"So how does it feel Eve? You bout to now live the good life with the nigga that every girl around here wants so bad."

I heard someone clear their throat, Marvin got up and fixed his shirt.

"Good morning Saint."he said.

"Yeah."Saint nodded and just sat down, pulling a face.

Marvin left the room leaving just us.

"You're doing too much it's 7 in the fucking morning you can't be in a bad mood."I shrugged.

"Shut the fuck up."he flicked me off.

"I'm going home."I stood up "what you not about to do is have an attitude with me after what you made me do last night."

"So what huh? You want me to comfort you or something?"he asked "you a cop ain't that what you do? Take innocent lives."

"No."I shook my head "fuck you." I headed for the door.

"Listen to me Evelynn, you don't just get to walk out on me "he grabbed me by my arm.

"How the hell did I get myself in this bullshit."