9

Eve Brown

"Rise and shine baby."my mother opened the curtains in my room.

"No."I groaned turning over.

"Dmitri Conan is waiting for you in the living room, I'm going to work."she said making me snap my eyes open.

I sighed and got up. I did my morning routine and then went to the living room.

"Morning."I said making him look up from reading a magazine.

"Morning."he got up "I was worried about you."

I stared at him for a second and my eyes began watering "I fucked up...I slipped up, he knows I'm a cop."

Dmitri walked towards me and hugged me as I cried into his chest "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault..I know what happened."he said making me confused.

"Some dude named Marvin told Saint everything...this Marvin guy claims he knows you and he wanted to protect you...apparently Saint somehow found out he was connected to you and tortured the truth about you out of him."

"This means I'm still going to jail right?"I asked.

"I'll try my best to get you out of this."he said making me sob even more.

"I can't go back."I shook my head "please you have to help me."

"I'm trying my best Evelynn"

I backed up and wiped my tears "why am I even crying"I laughed "I'm better than that."

"Would you like some coffee."I sniffed.

He shook his head no "but tell me something."

"What?"

"Did he tell you why he didn't kill you when he found out."Dmitri asked.

"He wasn't really clear but he let me go."

"Why didn't you tell me those parties, were drug deals and drug exchanges."

"I don't know."I said honestly "I guess I was falling for him."

"Evelynn I need you to realise that Santana will never love you, all that man cares about is himself and his money."

"I know, I was stupid to even begin to think that he could ever love me."I said feeling really dumb.

"But he has a thing for you..that's quite clear."

"What are you saying Dmitri."

"Maybe, just maybe..you can get back close with him."he suggested.

"He literally said he would kill me if he saw me again, and you being fucking insensitive."

"Right, I'm sorry."he sighed "I'm just really desperate to crack this case wide open and put a stop to his dealings and to keep you out of prison."

"Atleast you are a free man."

"Evelynn don't say that."Dmitri walked towards me "I'll do everything in my power to protect you, I shouldn't of put you in this predicament in the first place"

He slowly wrapped his arms around me "I swear."

This gave me Deja vu.

It's like old times..he knew how to calm down.

"Don't give up."

"I won't."I mumbled snuggling into his chest.

I think I may have daddy issues.

"Okay we should probably stop this."he pulled away which confused me.

"What happened."

"I'm getting married."

My heart? It shattered because real ones know I never really got over him.

"I took your advice."he said "you told me I should find a wife and have kids you know? Settle down."

"Yeah."I nodded "I did."

I turned around and quickly walked to the kitchen where I silently cried.

Everything was coming back to bite me in the ass.

"I should go, stay put and don't do anything dumb Eve."Dmitri said.

I nodded "take good care of her."

He gave me small smile "I won't fail her like I failed you, and for that I'm eternally sorry."

I smiled "good luck."

He walked out of the door and I just cried more.

I grabbed my computer and sat on the couch.

I opened the best stalking app, where people give away too much.

Facebook.

And I searched up 'Marvin Brown.'

And as I expected, he appeared. I needed to know who he was and what his deal was.

I looked into his family members, I saw my dad there under his father...

So this was the son born out of infidelity.

The reason why my parents divorced 24 years ago.

It's a long story for another day...all I know is that I don't like this snobby little brat one bit..I was always jealous and envious of him.

Dad left us to go live with him and his mama, he abandoned me to live with his son who's name is apparently Marvin.

I decided to text him.

Me: what's your deal

After a few minutes of waiting around, doing absolutely nothing.

Marvin: I was just trying to protect you, Saint is dangerous...you didn't know what you were getting yourself
into

Me: who said I need your help? You ruined everything instead of helping.

Marvin: he tortured me

Me: and? Why where you a pussy
about it.

Marvin : I wasn't about to die for you sis

Me: I'm not your sister.

Marvin :wether you like it or not..we off the same blood.

Me: your homewrecking mom broke up my parents.

Marvin :isn't that what you are though?  You do know that your little cop boyfriend Dmitri Conan is getting married right?

Me: I'm not sleeping with Conan you little bitch ass boy...me and that man last had a thing 5 fucking years ago.

Marvin :and what about Santana? I bet you weren't sleeping with him too...it didn't take me too long to realise that you is a hoe.

Me: you think I slept with Saint because I wanted to? Don't speak on shit you don't know.

Marvin: I really don't care,wether you wanna be a prostitute and sell yo poom poom but go ahead and inform me.

Me: Try choosing between life in prison or helping to bust his whole operation up and you'll understand.

Marvin: I'm sorry, I didn't know.

Me: 34th Dayes Avenue, I'm expecting to see you at 3:30 pm